Sunday, February 18, 2018

Papertrey Ink Stripes Challenge ~ Christmas lives in the Heart

Hello! Today I'm sharing my last entry for the Papertrey Ink 11th Anniversary Celebration Challenges. This one is for the Stripes Challenge. I decided to use up some of the beautiful stripe Christmas paper that I bought last year during the huge sale.




Once I designed my card, I thought... why not make a few? So, I ended up making half a dozen. I really love the way they turned out. I started by cutting all of my card stock from card bases to layers. I don't usually do this but I thought it would make sense since I planned on doing multiples.




I then stamped the angels by using two ink pads, Aqua Mist and Ripe Avocado. I masked the angel and stamped the wings with Aqua Mist. I stamped the stars using Harvest Gold... and then decided to stamp over that with Lemon Tart and it brightened the yellow a bit. I stamped the sentiment using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I was going to doodle some strings for the stars hanging down, but I decided to add some gold twine. I punched some 1/8" holes at the top of the stars. I pulled through some gold twine and taped them to the back of the circle. I then tied a bunch of little bows and adhered them using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.




I adhered all my layers on each of the cards. I did pop up the circle pieces and the little hearts. I had a lot of fun making these and I think they turned out pretty cute!

Here are the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Love Lives Here: Holiday
Inks: Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart, Pure Poppy, Memento Tuxedo black
Card Stock: Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, White, Candy Cane Prints paper
Tools: Mini Misti, Spellbinders Circle & Scallop dies, 1/8" circle punch
Miscellaneous: gold twine


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.