Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Sending You Lots of Love with a New Distress Oxide Technique!

Happy Valentine's Day!! I have a cute card to share with you today that I made using a new technique that I just recently saw from a Creativation video.


I just adore this new little stamp set from My Favorite Things called Blowing Kisses. Isn't she adorable! I wanted to try out this fun technique I saw Tim Holtz demonstrate using the Distress Oxide inks and Alcohol Ink Cardstock so I pulled out Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, and Wilted Violet oxide inks.


I smooshed them on my craft mat and dabbed the card stock in the ink here and there. I dried each layer and did more dabbing. This was a bunch of inky fun! I loved it! You notice at this point the colors are soft and muted but look what happens when you blend some distress glaze over the card stock... 


All of the layers pop and shine!! Oh my goodness!! I loved how this background turned out!


I die cut the large heart and adhered it to a white stitched layer on the white card base. I also die cut a few little hearts and adhered them to the card here and there. The stamped image was fun to play with, too. I inked her up and colored her in using copic markers, I even changed up my usual color combo for the skin {Skin - E000, E21, E50; Hair - E31, E55, E57; Tights - N0, 0; Shoes - RV10, RV11}. I paper pieced her dress from the scrap papers left from my Coffee Craft Repeat card kit. Still having fun with that kit! I popped up the sweet little girl on the card and then stamped the sentiment on a scrap of black card stock using VersaMark ink and heat embossed a fine white embossing powder. I just love how this turned out! Hope you like it too! I also hope that you'll give this new technique a try... it was so much fun! And if you do, be sure to share in the Scrapping for Less: Show & Share Facebook group.


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal



1 comment:

  1. I love it! And it's like magic! How funny that glaze would pop those colors! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.