Friday, December 15, 2017

'Teas the Season


Hello! I have my final card for the Winter Coffee Lovers blog hop... I'm kind of bummed. I've been having so much fun making cards for the hop and, in fact, I have ideas for more cards but it's time to be done. This post is also kind of bittersweet... I don't want to put a whole bummer on the post though so I'm just dedicating this card and post to my Mom that passed away in September. She loved a good cuppa and I made this for her.


I stamped the mug and deer from STAMPlorations' Winter Mug set using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored it in with copic markers {R12, R14, R27, 0, N3, N7, E11, E51}. I fussy cut it out and set it aside. I decided to use some patterned papers that I hadn't opened yet... these papers are from Echo Park's paper pad called A Perfect Christmas. 


I cut the papers and adhered them directly to a kraft card base. I then adhered a strip of grosgrain ribbon to the card trimming the sides. I stamped the sentiment from STAMPlorations' Caffeinated Christmas on white card stock, trimmed it and then adhered it to the card. I popped up the mug using dimensionals and there you have it! I think it's cute and I think my Mom would have liked it. :)

There's not much time left to play along but if you have a chance, go check out the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog to play along!!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


15 comments:

  1. Wow! Wish I could color like you. This is gorgeous and I love the whole design of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card - that plaid background is perfect for your sweet mug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and that Echo Park paper is seriously beautiful.. I’m very sorry about your mom ••• and how sweet that you dedicated this card to her •• she would love it .. Mine passed away 23 years ago and I especially miss her this year time of year ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think she would have liked it. Thank you for sharing! :)

      Delete
  4. This is a rustic beauty! Love it!
    Sorry to hear about your mom --> big inky hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is gorgeous!
    So sorry to hear about your mom...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card. love the colors and image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cute cup with reindeer, so beautiful, love the plaids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crystal, great job with the STAMPlorations mug. Isn't that a fun set to work with. I really like mine. Love the papers that you used for the background to your mug. Hope you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's cute! Love that mug in red along with the plaid! Beautiful paper combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.