Sunday, December 3, 2017

A Happy Masculine Birthday!

Hello! I know when it comes to those masculine birthday cards, it can be hard to figure out a design. I found myself in need of a handful of those very cards. Thank goodness I happened upon a great card in Unity Show & Tell that I was able to CASE and duplicate pretty quickly so I can mark that off my to-do list.




I just adore this moose from the Winter Wild SMAK kit. I was super excited to receive it as my gift for being the Growing in Unity girl a couple months ago. I stamped the trees with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink by first stamping them off on a scrap so that I would get a lighter image. I then stamped the the moose over the trees using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink. I also added a little bit of Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Distress Oxide inks to give the moose a bit more dimension. Once that was done, I ran them through my big shot with my Brushed Off Rectangle die from Papertrey Ink. Then the fun part... which patterned paper to use with it?!?! 




I finally decided on some fun plaid papers from a paper pad by The Paper Studio called Lewis Family Vacation. I am loving these papers!! I chose a few different ones and die cut them using a rectangle stitched die. The leftover scraps from the die cutting made for quick flags! I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the For the Guys kit and cut it down to a flag, as well. And then I adhered the layers to a white card base after stapling the flags to the main panel using mono multipurpose glue. I made 4 of these pretty quick since I used the Tim Holtz Platform. I plan on making some more... I need just a few more and why not stock up?!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.