Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Coffee... Santa's Little Helper!


Hello! I'm back with my fifth card for the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog hop!! I started off with a completely different design for this card... but I love the way it turned out!


I started this card, first, by stamping these gorgeous snowflakes from The Ton's Crystal Flurries stamp set. I was lucky enough to win these fabulous stamps from The Ton during the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog hop and I just had to use them for this hop! I stamped several of the snowflakes in different teal blue colors layering the snowflakes in some spots. For my last layer of snowflakes I stamped the images in VersaMark and heat embossed them in silver. It really makes for a stunning background. Once I finished up the snowflakes, I just had to add a touch of 'coffee' to the background so I used the little cluster of coffee beans from STAMPlorations' Latte Love using Ground Espresso distress ink. I cut out the background using the just released Stitched Tag-Corner Rectangle STAX dies from My Favorite Things. I love the look of these dies! I layered the die cut piece on a piece of Lost Lagoon card stock and fussy cut the corners. 


I wrapped some Satin Dark Chocolate ribbon around the piece and adhered it to a kraft card base. I set that aside and then grabbed a scrap piece of kraft card stock. I stamped the mug image from Unity's January 2017 Kit of the Month called When You Smile using a Memento Tuxedo black marker so that I could avoid the marshmallows in the image. I wanted a coffee theme so the marshmallows weren't going to work. Ha! I colored the image in using copic markers {BG11, BG15, BG18, E51, E55, E57} and then fussy cut it out. After fussy cutting it, I decided it needed some silver so I used the Ranger Emboss It pen and traced over the snowflake. I then heat embossed some silver embossing powder and set the mug aside. 


Now the sentiment... I wanted something Christmassy and suddenly remembered a coffee themed Christmas sentiment set that I had from STAMPlorations called Caffeinated Christmas. Such a cute little sentiment... and I have to say, Coffee is not only Santa's little helper... it's good for mama's too! Haha! To finish off the card I popped up the mug and the sentiment {that I had layered on Dark Chocolate card stock} using dimensionals. I had two thoughts when this card was done... 1. I love it! and 2. I have A LOT of coffee themed stamps from many companies!! Yay!

Go check out the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog to play along!!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

14 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful snowflake background to which you added that pretty cup. Fantastic card design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's pretty amazing!!
    Don't you just love it when they turn out so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty card. I like the teal and brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combo. Your octagon panel really caught my eye. Love the silver embossing. A truly beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the teal with beautiful snowflake BG, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when people use their winnings in their designs. This is such a pretty card...love the use of the frosty blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.