Friday, June 14, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 46 ~ Winter Skies ~ Lawn Fawn

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with more inspiration for the {BYSHC} Sketch 46 over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a sweet Christmas card featuring the adorable Winter Skies stamp from our awesome sponsor, Lawn Fawn! Lawn Fawn has generously offered up a $25 gift card as a prize for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 46 this month! So amazing!!


This month's sketch is so simple! I think it makes for a pretty quick card. I couldn't help myself I had to ink smoosh again. It's just so therapeutic creating a background just by smooshing some ink. I used Tumbled Glass, Wilted Violet, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress Inks for a pretty winter sky. I then ink blended a bit of the Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink over the background and ink smooshed some more Wilted Violet Distress Ink. It pairs up perfectly with the adorable Winter Skies stamp from Lawn Fawn. I dried the background completely with a Wagner Precision Heat Tool and then splattered white acrylic paint on the panel.


I die cut my ink smooshed panel using the Forest Borders dies. And then I placed the die back in the negative space of the panel and die cut a card front of Stampers Select White Card Stock. By lining up those two pieces of card stock at the top, I was able to line up the card stock and background so they'll fit back together like a puzzle and make just one layer on the card. I hope that makes sense. I'm trying to keep my layers minimal for some cards so I don't have to worry about extra postage when I mail them. The other option would be to just die cut the white card stock piece and adhere it over the ink smooshed background. Super easy, but it adds that partial layer. Before adhering the pieces together onto a white A2 top fold card base, I ran the ink smooshed background through my Big Shot with the Stitched Windy Backdrop die. You can see some of the fun stitches on the left side of the card. It's kind of hard to see them in the photos though. It's such a fun touch in person though!


I stamped the adorable bears on a scrap of white card stock. I colored them up with my Copic markers. I then die cut them using the coordinating die from the Winter Skies Lawn Cuts. I set the bears aside and stamped the sentiment from the Winter Skies onto my card front. I used an acetate grid sheet over the card to check the position and adjusted until I was happy. I added foam tape to the back of the bears and popped them up on the card. I like to use a thin foam tape from Scrapbook Adhesive. It gives a bit of dimension but it's not too bulky to mail the card in a regular A2 envelope. 

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:
Left Bear: E53, E55, E57, E59
Right Bear: E51, E53, E55, E57
Scarf: B000, B02, B04, V01, V05, V06


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 46 for the month of June. I am really loving this sketch! I am also loving all the entries for this month's challenge. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! Lots of creative and sweet inspiration this month from the design team.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.