Monday, January 30, 2023

Membership Monday ~ January 2023 Whit Kit Espresso to You ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
So happy to have you stop by for my last Membership Monday post! I'll be continuing this series... only it'll be moving to Membership Wednesdays. I'm excited to share some fun projects with you in the month of February... lots of beautiful stamps coming out next month for all four memberships that are available at Unity Stamp Co. Eeep! Can't wait! Anywho... back to today's cards. I'm sharing a pretty vintage style card using the January 2023 Whit Kit called Espresso to You.


I just adore this beautiful stamp from the kit and the vintage papers are gorgeous! I just had to go with one of my favorite color combos for this one... throwing a bit of turquoise and red in there. I just love how it pops with the browns!


I used Peacock Feathers and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide inks to watercolor the cups on Canson XL watercolor paper. Feeling out of practice once again with my watercoloring skills. I kind of fixed my attempt at watercoloring by distressing the edges of the cups with a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink. I think it adds to the vintage vibe of the card too. 

You can check out my process video for this card here... Vintage Coffee Card | January 2023 Whit Kit | Unity Stamp Co.




I did a bit of stamping on the vintage paper as well using the splatter and coffee rings stamps. I also distressed the edges of the papers with a bit of Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Oxide inks. And then distressed them again with a paper distresser that roughed up the edges a bit. I stamped the sentiment with white pigment ink and heat embossed some white embossing powder. I wrapped the paper layers with some of the burlap string included in the card kit. I popped up the cups with foam tape and finished off the card with a few enamel dots from my stash. I'm really liking how this one turned out!


For my bonus card, I stamped the cups onto one of the vintage papers in the kit using Black Amalgam ink. I colored up the cups with Copic markers {listed down below}, fussy cut them and adhered them to this pretty vintage paper piece. I stamped the splatter and coffee rings all over the front of my kraft card base using Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, and Ground Espresso Distress Inks.


I adhered the vintage paper to the kraft card base. Cut two 1/8" strips of dark brown card stock and adhered them to either side of the vintage paper. This is my favorite trick to avoid extra layers to a card but still make it look like there's some dimension and layers. I stamped the sentiment directly on the vintage paper with Ground Espresso Distress ink. 


Just a little note about the vintage papers. If you look at the handles of my cups you can see that the Copic markers bled out of the lines {inside of the handles}. The vintage papers are pretty thin so I probably should have used less ink and maybe blended a little less. So if you decide to Copic color on these papers just be careful not to oversaturate your paper like I did. Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:

Blue-Greens ~ BG70, BG72, BG78
Browns ~ E21, E23, E27, E29
Reds ~ R20, R14, R37



Here's a look at the beautiful card kit! Be sure to check out the Whit Kit membership at Unity... there's still time to sign up for this kit!! If you already have the kit, I hope you share your creations in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group! I'd love to see what you create! 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.