Friday, January 13, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 29 ~ Christmas Trimmings ~ Newton's Nook Designs

Hello there crafty friend!
It feels so good to be back in my studio making Christmas cards. I've been on a bit of break this month trying to get some things done around the house and for our homeschool year. I was missing my studio though and making Christmas cards makes me so happy. I'm so happy to be building my stash of holiday cards again. Without further adieu... my first Christmas card of 2023!


This sweet stamp is the Christmas Trimmings stamp set from Newton's Nook Designs that is actually retiring and is only $5.99 for the whole set!! What a crazy deal!! I just love the cute girls in this set and all the little accessories included! I thought the girl with the tree would be perfect for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 29 from the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers group. I've paired up these cute stamps with the Meowy Christmas 6x6 paper pad. I chose one of the double sided papers that wasn't pet related since I wasn't using a pet stamp. I adhered my pieces to a 4 x 5-1/4" piece of white card stock and then adhered it to a card front of Cherry Cobbler card stock from Stampin' Up. I adhered the card front to a white A2 top fold card base measuring 4-1/4 x 11"; scored at 5-1/2".


I stamped the girl/tree along with a bunch of presents and the star using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. This is my most favorite ink to use with clear stamps because it wipes off nice and clean. I also recommend rubbing the stamp with your finger or a white eraser before inking it up. Manufacturing leaves a bit of a film on the clear stamps and a good rub will take that off. I die cut each of the pieces using the coordinating dies (unfortunately, it looks like these are sold out). I adhered the presents to the tree and each other. I then adhered my little scene to a stitched circle die cut from Vellum card stock that I die cut using the Circle Frames dies from Newton's Nook Designs.


Here's a quick list of the Copic Markers I used to color up all my stamped images (the list looks long, but I used the same markers for multiple things):

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Hair ~ E70, E74, E79
Hat ~ C00, C2, R20, R14, R37
Dress ~ RV10, RV21, RV14, R20, R14, R37
Shoes ~ R20, R14, R37
Tree ~ YG11, G24, G46, E70, E74, E79
Tree Skirt ~ R20, R14, R37, YG11, G14
Star / Ornaments ~ Y11, Y15, R20, R14, R37, B000, B02
Red / Green Presents ~ YG11, G14, R20, R14, R37
Pink / White Rectangle Present ~ RV10, RV21, C00, C2, B000, B02
Pink / White Square Present ~ RV10, RV21, RV14, C00, C2
Blue / Yellow Present ~ B000, B02, Y11, Y15


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch 29 that's been extended through January!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog


To finish off the card, I adhered the vellum circle to the card front. I used liquid glue that I applied just behind the stamped images so none of it shows through the vellum. I also added some thin foam tape behind the trimmed sentiment to pop it up on the card. This card turned out so cute! Not bad for my first Christmas card of 2023! Well, I'll be back in two weeks with one more card using the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 29.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.