Monday, January 23, 2023

Membership Monday ~ December 2022 Whit Kit Getting Cozy ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
In the whirlwind that was December I didn't get a chance to play with the amazing December Whit Kit so I thought I would use it for a couple wintry birthday cards. I'm trying to build up my stash of birthday cards each month in an effort to be more consistent this year making AND sending them out! Anywho, I have two cards to share that I whipped up yesterday.


Have you seen the glorious Getting Cozy {paper pack} from the December Whit Kit?! It's so dang cozy... I'm loving all the sweater prints in this paper pack. I debated making several cards using different papers from the pack (and I still might do that) but I didn't have a lot of play time yesterday so I just made the two cards. 


This is a pretty simple card. The top layer of pattern paper is cut to 4 x 5-1/4". I then die cut it with a scalloped circle die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies} from Unity. I cut a piece of Weathervane card stock from Papertrey Ink to 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" and die cut a circle with the largest stitched circle die from the same nesting dies. Both of these circles left an opening to my white A2 top fold card base.


I stamped the sweet birds using Weathervane dye ink from Papertrey Ink to coordinate with my card front. I lined the birds up using the hole as a guide and tested it on my acetate grid before actually stamping on my card base. A slight adjustment got it aligned just right, I removed the paper layers, and stamped the birds. The sentiment is from the So Kind, So Caring, So You {July 2022 Sentiment Kit}. It's stamped with the same grey ink and fussy cut. I did add a couple scraps under the 'happy' so the sentiment laid flat. To finish off the card I added a couple drops of Glossy Accents to each of the berries.


For my second card I used the circle stencil included in the card kit. This is a no-layer card... all the ink blending and stamping is directly on the front of my card base. I laid the stencil on my card front and masked off the edges of the card base using a large post it note. I secured the stencil to my card base and table using purple tape.


I blended Tumbled Glass and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks over the circle opening of the stencil until I was happy with my blend. I did a bit of water splatter by spritzing some water in the palm of my hand and clapping over the circle opening. I dabbed the water with a paper towel and let the background dry completely before I stamped the little splatter stamp using Sugar Cube pigment ink from Taylored Expressions.


I used my acetate grid once again to check placement for the bird stamp. Made a quick adjustment by moving my card base and tested it again. I stamped the birds and then stamped the 'happy birthday' sentiment with the same black ink (I used that handy acetate grid once again to make sure my sentiment was straight). Two pretty quick birthday cards using the December Whit Kit! Woohoo... so happy to add these to my stash!


I also made this card for the Membership Insert included with last month's Whit Kit. Did you know that Unity started sending these fun inserts with each of their membership kits? There's a couple process photos and instructions also included. A wonderful perk to these fab memberships!


Here's a look at last month's Whit Kit... unfortunately the kit is not available any more but the Getting Cozy stamps and the Getting Cozy {paper pack} are available. Check them out at Unity!

Just a quick little note... I'll be back next Monday for one last Membership Monday post using the wonderful NEW January 2023 Whit Kit!! Starting in February, I'll be sharing inspiration for each of the memberships for Membership Wednesday! Yay! If you're interested in seeing my memberships makes I invite you to follow my blog by email. Just sign up using the box on the right hand side of my blog post (using the PC version of my blog). I do use a service called follow.it that send the emails for me. They include some ads at the very end of the posts but those are easy to ignore. Well, that's it for me this time.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.