Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Debossed Inky Resist ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm starting a new series... Technique Tuesday! I'll be sharing fun techniques on the 2nd Tuesday each month with a bit of inspiration and a video. I hope that you'll be inspired to get inky and play along with some of the techniques that I share.


Today's technique is Debossed Inky Resist which is a combination of debossing and heat embossing. Debossing is the opposite of embossing as you are creating an indent in the card stock rather than raising it. I'm using a couple fun embossing folders from my stash along with Distress Oxide inks and a couple of cute Unity stamps.


For my first card I've used a Notebook embossing folder along with Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks. I also used Distress Watercolor card stock for my backgrounds. 


I stamped the adorable camper from the Happy Little Abode set on white card stock and colored it with the following Copic Markers:

Blue-Green ~ BG0000, BG10, BG23
Yellow ~ Y11, Y15, Colorless Blender
Pink ~ R000, R20, RV21


The sentiment was heat embossed using a white pigment ink and white embossing powder. I trimmed it up and popped it up on the card. I also popped up the camper with foam tape.


For my second card I've used a Bricked embossing folder along with Antique Linen, Peacock Feathers, Vintage Photo, and Ground Espresso Distress Oxide inks. I inked up both embossing folders with a clear embossing ink. Next I placed the card stock in the embossing folders and ran them through my Big Shot. I then added some white embossing powder to the card stock and then I melted the powder with my heat tool.


I stamped the cute girl from the Totally Have This {Sassy Girl} set on white card stock and colored it with the following Copic Markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E04, R000, R20
Hair ~ E70, E74, E79
Flowers ~ R000, R20, RV21, YG11, G14, Y11
Clothes ~ Y11, Y15, BG0000, BG10, BG23


I fussy cut the camper and girl cutting on the line and also leaving a bit of a border around the leaves, flowers, and the strings on the camper. The edges were all cleaned up by coloring them with a black marker. I adhered the bottom portion of the girl's skirt behind the sentiment and then popped them both up with foam tape. 

You can check out my process video here...  Debossed Inky Resist | Technique Tuesday | Unity Stamp Co. 




What do you think of the Debossed Inky Resist Technique?! I'm curious to see how it looks with some other embossing folders. What about you? Do you have an embossing folder in your stash that you'd like to try this technique with? If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

4 comments:

  1. I will try this! ❤ the cards! Looking forward to your new series. How do you find the time?? You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool technique, and really living everything about the cards! I'll have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.