Thursday, October 1, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ Sketch Challenge #8 ~ September 2020 FOTM Orchards & Patches Card Kit

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing the October challenge for the Scrapping for Less: Show & Share Facebook group! This month's challenge is another sketch challenge. We had such a great turn out for our last slimline sketch challenge that I thought we'd give it another try! 

Before we get to the sketch and the card that I'm sharing today... the key to playing along with the challenge is being a member of the Scrapping for Less: Show & Share Facebook group so if you aren't already a member be sure to join in the fun ---> here. Also, please note that you don't need a blog to enter the challenge as you're adding a photo of your creation directly into the challenge album in the group. You are welcome to include a link to your blog in the description of your creation, if you'd like.

Alrighty... let's have a look at the sketch for challenge #8...




You may remember seeing a sneak peek or two of this sketch during our reveal and hop for the new September 2020 FOTM Card Kit - Orchards & Patches... if you haven't hopped with us yet , you can start hopping ---> here. Now, let's check out the card I created as inspiration for the sketch...


A cute slimline featuring the adorable gnome from Collection Two: Apple Orchard Pickin'... isn't he just the cutest?! I used the sweet Harvest Time Stencil included in the Banana Split subscription... blending some Mustard Seed and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks over the sunflower one at a time. I cut my slimline card front measuring 3-1/2 x 8-1/2" from Speckled Orange card stock and adhered it to a white slimline card base measuring 7 x 8-1/2" and scored at 3-1/2". I trimmed down my sunflower background to 3-1/4 x 8-1/4" and used a corner rounder punch on all four corners. I adhered the background to my card base and cut a 3/4" strip of Jellybean Green card stock and stamped the Happy Fall sentiment masking each of the words separately so I could stamp the sentiments next to each other. I stamped them with Clear Embossing ink and heat embossed a fine white embossing powder. I adhered the green sentiment strip to the card base and set it aside.


I stamped the adorable Apple Gnome stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him with the following Copic Markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Beard ~ C00, C1
Hat ~ E51, E55

I stamped the hat of the Apple Gnome onto a couple scrap pieces of patterned paper from the collection and fussy cut them out and adhered them to the hat. I then fussy cut the gnome... also cutting off portion of the apple on his hat... and adhered him to a white die cut circle. I fussy cut the cute little sunflower and leaf from a piece of the patterned paper and adhered them to the gnome's hat. I adhered the circle to a scalloped circle that I die cut from the Speckled Orange card stock. I popped up the focal image on the card with foam squares. To finish off the card, I added a few of the tiny sequins from the Banana Split subscription all around the card. I think it turned out pretty cute!

The October Sketch challenge will run from today, October 1st and will end October 31st at 11:59pm EDT. The winner will be announced in the comments of the Challenge album on Sunday November 1st. Please use #sflsketchchallenge8 in any social media posts when playing along with the challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.