Saturday, August 10, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Hero Arts ~ Fennec the Fox

Hello there crafty friends! 
Today I'm sharing a fun CAS card using the sweet Fennec the Fox stamp set by Hero Arts! 


How sweet is that face?! I just love that little grin! This was such a fun stamp to color! I kept the coloring on the fox pretty simple but used a good handful for the little flowers. 
I used the following Copic markers on this card:
Fox ~ E0000, E000, E21, R00
Flowers ~ V0000, V06, V09, V12, Y06, YR21, YG00, YG03, YG63 


My design was inspired by a challenge in a Facebook group that I am a member in called Paper Craft Artist. I just loved the CAS sketch and have been itching to play along. Once my images were colored, I fussy cut them out and touched up the edges with my Memento tuxedo black marker. I set them aside and grabbed the Kraft & Gold cardstock stack by DCWV. I just had to pair this sweet grinning fox with the heart papers... too cute together!!


I used the solid kraft paper for my base layer that I adhered to a A2 Vintage Cream card base and then I added a layer of Vintage Cream card stock measuring 4-1/8 x 5-3/8". I die cut the heart foiled paper using a standard circle die and adhered it to my card. 


I wanted to add some more purple into the card so I trimmed a 1/4" strip of Elegant Eggplant card stock (for some reason it looks darker in the photos but it coordinates well with the purple flowers) and adhered it to the card, trimming off the excess on either side. I then popped up the happy fox using foam squares and adhered the flowers using a liquid glue. To finish off the card, I pulled out my Stamp Platform and I stamped the 'Hello' sentiment using Memento tuxedo black ink. I used my Stamp Platform so ensure that I got a nice crisp inked up sentiment... couldn't take any chances with my CAS design! I sure love how this turned out!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog post today! 
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.