Friday, August 9, 2019

Unity Stamp Company ~ August 2019 Kit of the Month ~ Warm & Cozy

Hello there crafty friends!
Today, I am sharing a fall themed card using stamps from the new August 2019 Kit of the Month called Warm & Cozy... I am loving all the beautiful stamps in this month's kit!! I'm also playing along with the Sketch Saturday sketch which inspired my card design for today! I love a great sketch and couldn't pass this one up!


I started by die cutting my pretty patterned papers... these are the Fall Breeze papers by Photo Play and I just love the rich beautiful colors in this paper pad. I'm especially drawn to the teal blue in the background of this paper so I had to use this paper for my background. I also wanted to use the dark brown paper that's on the other side of this patterned paper so I trimmed my paper down to 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" and then centered my stitched rectangle die on the teal blue side of the paper. I ran it through my big shot and then I flipped over the outer edge of the paper and bam... the best of both worlds! I get to use both sides of the paper! I adhered them to a scrap piece of cheap white card stock that was slightly larger just so I could make sure to get the die cut and the negative lined up just right. I then trimmed off the excess around the edges and adhered this layer to a white card base. I trimmed my striped patterned paper and adhered it to the card and then set it aside.


I've had this beautiful image sitting on my desk just waiting for an opportunity to color and I had fun using some rich browns and cream colors! Here's a list of the Copic colors I used:
Nut ~ E21, E23, E25 (bottom/stem), E55, E57, E59 (top)
Flowers ~ YR30, YR31, E0000, E81, Y000, Y13, Y17
Leaves ~ YG11, G24, G99


I die cut a circle from the brown patterned paper and a slightly smaller circle from white card stock. I adhered them together and then trimmed down the sentiment. I adhered the sentiment and focal image to the die cut circle and then I popped the entire piece up on the card. To finish off this card, I added a tiny enamel dot.


If you're interested in a fun weekly challenge, check out the Sketch Saturday blog!! An awesome challenge blog filled with inspiration! The current challenge is almost over, but you can check it out here ---> Sketch Saturday #575.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

4 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.