Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Unity Stamp Company ~ Time to Refresh ~ Hello Sunshine Girl

Hello there crafty friends!
I am so excited to share this card with you today. The idea for this one has been in my head for awhile but when I tried to put it together I got stuck... does that ever happen to you? Well, I walked away and worked on other projects until I figured out how to finish this beauty off.


I thought it would be fun to pair the flowers from Time to Refresh with the beautiful girl from Hello Sunshine Girl... I colored in three of the flowers and a bunch of leaves, but I only ended up using two. I fussy cut them all out. I then colored in the girl and fussy cut her out. I set all of those images aside and pulled out an impression plate called Sunrise by Papertrey Ink (I don't think it's available anymore, unfortunately). The impression plate is like a mix between a die and an embossing folder... by that I mean that it's a metal plate, but it doesn't cut. It just embosses the paper. Anywho, so I ran a piece of kraft card stock through the Big Shot with the impression plate and then using copic markers, I colored in the embossed portions... isn't that cool!? I love coloring on kraft with copic markers. It gives a muted touch to the coloring... such a fun effect!

I used the following Copic markers on my card:

Skin/lips ~ E000, E21, E51, R11, R14
Hair ~ Y21, E42, E43, E44
Blouse/Skirt ~ V000, V04, V12
Flowers/Sun ~ Y000, Y06, Y13, Y17, Y19
Leaves ~ YG01, YG05, YG23
Bag ~ B91, B95, B97

I adhered all of my layers onto a kraft card base, only popping up the girl with foam tape. I added some white gel pen to the stamens on the flowers, the button on the bag, and just a touch on the sun. I added some simply white gloss dots on the Hello Sunshine Girl's necklace... I did this by dabbing a toothpick in a small glob and then just barely touching the little pearls in her necklace. It gives such a fun dimension to her necklace... love it! I added a few dandelion yellow gloss dots to the card and that finished off my card for today! 


Here's a close up of my card! I sure hope you like it... if you do, please leave me a comment and let me know! I'd love to read your comments!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Crystal! Love how you used the impression plate and colored it. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the sunshine on the kraft paper. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great combo of products, this card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.