Saturday, May 4, 2019

~ Friends of Unity May Blog Hop ~

Hello crafty peeps!!
Can you believe that it's time for another Friends of Unity blog hop?! I cannot!! 
Time just zips on by!! It's so crazy... well, this month we have another fun cue... 


Isn't that a fun cue?! I love it!
I thought I'd stick within the citrus fruit family and play with some lemon stamps but... with a twist because I want my card to also work for the fabulous Spring / Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop so here's what I came up with... 


My favorite drink, any time that we go out to eat, is an Arnold Palmer... a yummy mix of iced tea and lemonade!! It's a great way to have iced tea without having to add sugar or sweetener... LOL! I know some of you are thinking I'm crazy.... iced tea HAS to have sugar! I'm cutting back on that stuff sooo... anywho, I thought it would be fun to combine the sweet jar from the new May 2019 KOM called Sweetness, Miracles and Wishes from Unity Stamp Company with the beautiful lemons from the July 2018 KOM called Stand Tall


I stamped my images onto Canson XL watercolor paper and colored them in with my ZIGs.
I trimmed my layers and adhered them to a white card base. I fussy cut the jar and popped it up on the card. I couldn't find the right yellow to back the sentiment so I just used the yellow ZIG markers to color the edges... easy peasy!

So I'm not only playing along with the Spring / Summer Coffee Lovers Blog hop... 




I used the Freshly Made Sketches #386 for my card...



AND... I'm also going to enter my card in the Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge... 



Do you ever play along with challenges?! I think they are a great way to get inspired!

So, I think it's about time to get hopping... but before we do that. It has been a
good long time since I've done a giveaway for our Friends of Unity hops... I think we're a bit overdue! I'm not sure how it happened but I accidentally bought two of the brand new Cuddlebug Fawn stamp kits for my latest order with Unity Stamp Company so
I'll be giving away one of those kits to one lucky winner!!
All you have to do is hop along with us and comment on each of our blogs! 
I'll use Random.org to choose one lucky winner that I'll announce next month during our June hop!! 
Thank you all again for your lovely comments and support!! 
Happy Hopping!


Crystal <--- you're here

up next ---> Robyn







Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal





43 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I love the addition of lemons! I recently picked some lemon stamps for one of my DT's and I've had fun creating with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, and your coloring is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks so refreshing and summery! Thanks for the inspiration as I had none for either of those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea and lemonade too! Wonderful card. I am in love with the bright colors! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lemonade ALMOST as much as coffee. hehe Fun card! On my last Unity order, I also bought a duplicate - which I have never done before! lol I'll just gift it to my niece for Christmas; thankfully, it's a cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the lemons, Cyrstal. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! Love those lemons stamps in the background~ they look as yummy as the tea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lemon card is wonderful, a great design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that mix of lemonade and tea also! My favorite! Love your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just darling. I love the fresh bright colors and your design is awesome. Just love it! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great card! I just love those lemons! I can't say I've ever had a mix of Iced Tea and Lemonade! Sounds good though! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tip for
    coloring the
    paper to match
    on your cute card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card and I can’t wait to CASE it. I have the one KOM and am waiting patiently (not!) for the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not much of a tea fan but lemon tea I do like occasionally. What I do like is your card. Great job on that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card! And sketch!! Those lemons look amazing, and I believe you got the right color for the drink, too!!
    Great job! I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, the tea with lemons looks amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a cool card, Crystal. I had to come back for another look as part of the Unity Stamps May Blog Hop. I love this release, and I'm enjoying seeing even more of everyone's amazing art.
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very fun design, and very summery with the iced lemon tea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card looks so yummy and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a wonderful card! I love the way you combined different KOM.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your creation captures what I want moat this summer sit on the porch and listen to the world. Beautiful colors and beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on joining the Unity team! Beautiful coloring and design on this lovely card. As a relatively new card maker I participate in challenges to practice my coloring and improve my skills, and they're a great confidence builder. Thanks for sharing this inspiration with these fun products.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your card- and the lemons are a great addition! I like your idea to edge the sentiment too-great way to match colors! I do not add sugar to my tea...... Nothing better to cool you off in the summertime or on a warm day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this. Happy and bright! While doing the hop I've come to realize: I need fruit stamps! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I saw this on Instagram! I love it! great colors and great coloring on the lemons! Looks refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet summertime drink, beautiful card Crystal ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your lemonade card. So refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your citrus themed card looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This Arnold Palmer looks so refreshing! Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your card, Crystal....sure gives me a summertime feel!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This card screams summer and truly captures the theme of fruitful. Now you have me thinking about favorite refreshing beverages. I may have to stop through my kitchen on the way to my studio today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Deliciously looking card! Love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awww!!! What a gorgeous card! It's so refreshing and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh yum,your tea and lemonade drink looks so refreshing and I love the way you paired it up with the lemon patterned paper. We have several large lemon bushes in our yard so I make a lot of lemonade every summer...and sometimes I do mix it with tea!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely beautiful!! And so happy you joined us over at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'll have one of those for sure! Love the summery drink and fun card design.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hmmmm, that looks yummy. Fab card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lemons are my favorite summer fruit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.