Friday, November 2, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ Reindeer Games ~ Season's Greetings

Hello! I'm so excited to share some adorable cards I created using the Reindeer Games stamp set by Scrapping for Less from the October 2018 Joy to the World card kit. I just adore this set and I was needing to make some Christmas cards for a Christmas card drive that I've participated in for the last two years, so I thought this set was perfect!


I started by finding a simple sketch and you may be looking at the card saying, "That doesn't look simple" and you're very right! The simple sketch evolved into more layers and extra elements that this card just needed to have. Once I had the sketch picked out, I started cutting patterned papers. I used the papers from Collection Four ~ Santa's Workshop by Echo Park. I didn't have enough leftovers so I ended up digging into my leftover pieces from the October 2017 Merry & Bright card kit and found some papers from Collection Two that had similar colors ~ the I Love Christmas by Echo Park papers. Once I had all my patterned papers cut, I also went ahead and prepared my card bases and the card stock I needed for the focal image.


Now it was time for stamping!! I used my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to stamp multiples of each of the images so I'd have enough for all the cards. And then the fun... it was time to color! I love to color! I find it so relaxing! I used a bunch of Copic markers:
Penguin ~ W00, W1, W5, W8, R14, R20, R27, Y06, Y17, YR15, YR16, B000, B02
Reindeer Kid ~ R14, R20, R27, E000, E23, E25, E31, E34, E51, YR23, YR27
Elf ~ G24, G28, G29, Y06, Y17, R14, R20, R27, E000, E51

Once my images were all colored, I used my Scan n Cut to get them all cut out. I then stamped the sentiments from the Stamping Bella Christmas Bug stamp set in Collection One and die cut them out with a banner die. To create my 'scene' I wanted some kind of 'snow' so I decided to use a snowfall backdrop die. Before die cutting these I blended some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks over the top half of the 3 x 3" pieces of white card stock. I then die cut them, backed them with white card stock, and then mat them with a coordinating card stock. I die cut some stitched hills from scraps of white card stock that I adhered to the bottom portion of the snowy backgrounds. I was going to adhere all of my layers to the white card base, but it was just too much white so I decided to use some coordinating card stock to add another layer. To jazz up those extra layers of card stock, I ran them through my Big Shot with a snowflake embossing folder. It gives the card some extra texture that I just love!


Now all that was left was to adhere all of my layers to the white card base. Once that was done, I adhered my elf and reindeer to the little 'scene' I created for my focal point. I popped up the sentiments with foam tape and then decided to pop up the little penguins too.


I just adore this sweet Reindeer Games set from the Banana Split subscription!! **Editing to add that it's in the shop separately!! It's such a fabulous set... go take a look!** It made my cards for this year's Christmas card drive so much fun to make! I sure hope that you like my cards and find some inspiration for your cards when your kit arrives.

Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
~ Crystal





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.