Friday, November 16, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ My Favorite Things ~ Have a Magical Christmas

Hello crafty friends! Have you ever been inspired to make a card that turns out to be rather involved?! You're not sure how to make the idea work? As you begin, you are thinking to yourself... 
"What have I gotten myself into?!" Well, I thought all of those things as I started this card project, but I persevered and Oh My Goodness! It turned out wonderfully...


What do you think? 

In my mind, I imagined the sweet little Birdie Brown reading my favorite Christmas poem... "T'was the Night Before Christmas"... only instead of the father being woken by St. Nicholas, it was sweet Birdie Brown and St. Nick wasn't going to let her see him so he hides behind the tree. Awww... I still love this poem to this day! 

Anywho, so I decided to pair the Our Story stamp set with the Secret Santa stamp set!!


Now putting this card together, I knew I needed a larger card base so I chose to make one that would fit the larger #10 envelope. So the card base for this card measures 8 x 9-1/4", scored at 4"... so a 4 x 9-1/4" card base. Since I wanted the scene on the top of the card to be Birdie Brown imagining herself in the poem, I needed both the bottom and top scenes to match as best I could. I trimmed the striped paper from the Sunny Studio's Holiday Cheer paper pad to fit both scenes and used a scrap piece of wood patterned paper for the flooring. Now the fun part, I stamped all of the images (some of them two times) on white card stock with Memento tuxedo black ink. I did a combination of paper piecing and Copic coloring for the images being sure to keep everything that would be in both scenes similar in their coloring or paper piecing.

Here's a list of the Copic markers I used:
Tree/Santa ~ G24, G29, G46, YG0000, YG23, R14, R27, R37, R89, B000, B02, RV21, RV34, E000, E51, R20, N0, N1, N3, N5
Cookies/Plate ~ RV21, RV34, E27, E35
Presents ~ RV21, RV34, B000, B02, YG0000, YG23, R14, R27
Dog ~ W00, W1, W3, W5
Birdie Brown ~ E000, E51, R14, R27, R37, E09, E15, E97 
Furniture ~ E55, E57, E59
Book ~ E34, E37, E39


For the top portion of the card, I adhered the patterned papers on a separate piece of white card stock so that I would be able to pop this portion up on the card base. Giving it dimension adds to the scene of the card. I fussy cut the edge of the top portion to give it that bubble imagination look. I also adhered a strip of white card stock underneath to help separate the scenes. I fussy cut each of the pieces out by hand because I didn't want any extra space around the images... that would take up extra space from the card. I also ran my Memento tuxedo black marker around the edges to help keep the edges of the images neat and clean. That's a trick I also do with paper piecing... it helps the paper pieces look neater on the stamped images.


All that remained was adhering all of the pieces that I had fussy cut to build my scenes. I used a liquid glue for that.. I think it gives you a little freedom in adjusting the images if needed since it doesn't dry as quickly. I used two small circle punches to make the little thought bubbles. I then stamped the sentiment but found it was too long to adhere to the card so I trimmed the words up and mounted them on some of the scrap patterned paper. I adhered those on the card and my final touch was some Sprinkled Sugar Stickles that I added to the ornaments on the trees.
I just adore how this card turned out! It sure was a crafty adventure and I hope you enjoyed it!

Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.