Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Membership Wednesday ~ July 2023 Whit Kit Slices of Summer ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I had so much fun playing with the July 2023 Whit Kit from Unity Stamp Co. I made three cards featuring this fabulous kit. Simple {relatively} CAS card designs too. 


The pattern papers in this month's kit are GORGEOUS!! I mean it! So perfect for Summer and so fun! Love, love, love them! Anywho, when I have a hard time picking papers I like to do a tearing technique and layer some of the papers together for my background. I did limit myself to just four pattern papers because I wanted to go for more of a CAS design.


Otherwise, I probably would have torn more papers and filled up the whole background. The colors in these papers are so beautiful. I just can't get enough of them! I adhered the torn and layered pattern papers to a card front of white card stock and then I trimmed it down to 4 x 5-1/4". I adhered it to a white A2 top fold card. 


I stamped the sentiment onto white card stock using Black Amalgam ink and trimmed it down. I then mat it on the pink pattern paper and trimmed it down. I adhered the cute watermelon ephemera piece from the kit to the sentiment and then I added foam tape to the back of both pieces and popped them up on the card. I finished off the card with three of the water droplet beads from the kit.


My second card features three of the pattern papers again. I cut a 1" strip of the striped papers and die cut two of the other papers using the smallest circle dies from the Scallops & Circles Nesting Dies. I stamped the beautiful watermelon from the Slices of Summer stamps with Black Amalgam ink. I colored it up with the following Copic markers: YG11, YG21, G14, G24, RV00, RV63, RV55, E44.


I die cut the watermelon using the next largest circle die from the Scallops & Circles nesting dies. I adhered the striped paper to a 4 x 5-1/4" piece of white card stock. I then adhered the green striped circle and the pink circle. I popped up the watermelon focal piece using foam tape.


Here's a look at the sketch that inspired my card. So fun! This isn't the current challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches but I thought the circles would be fun with the watermelon.


I partially stamped the sentiment using Black Amalgam ink and die cut it using a scalloped and stitched die from the Scalloped & Stitched Sentiment Nesting Dies. I actually die cut this sentiment twice using the ends of the same die. A trick I like to do when I don't have quite the right die in my stash. To finish off this card, I also added a few of the water droplet beads.


My third and final card featuring the fabulous stencil set in the kit! Oh my gosh... these stencils were so easy to use and so fun! They each have a tab on the side that helps you line them up just right. They literally made these watermelon slices come together so fast! And how fun... I did my ink blending on kraft. I love kraft card stock!


I used Lucky Clover, Picked Raspberry and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks over the three stencils to create my background. I then die cut the background using the largest stitched rectangle die from the Scallops & Rectangles Nesting Dies. I also die cut a piece of True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink using the larges scalloped die from the die set. I adhered the layers together and wrapped it with Black May Arts Burlap String.


I then adhered it to a kraft A2 top fold card base. I stamped the sentiment using Black Amalgam ink on the kraft card stock. I then trimmed each word of the sentiment and mat it on True Black card stock. Breaking up the words of the sentiment doesn't cover up as much of the background... which I really didn't want to cover up at all. It's so pretty!


Here's a look at the wonderful Whit Kit for July!! So perfect for a Summer card kit! This wonderful card kit is available for only $42.99. That includes shipping! Members get a $6.95 discount on every order from Unity over $45. Members are also able to purchase past Whit Kit stamp sets for just $14 and past Whit Kit paper packs for $2 off!! So awesome!!! 


Here's a look at all three card together. All so different and so fun! 
That's it for me today! I'll be back next week with inspiration for one of the July memberships... I can't seem to pick one right now!! LOL! Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.