Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Membership Wednesday ~ July 2023 Kit of the Month Anchored by Love ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back for another Membership Wednesday and today I'm sharing a card using one of the sweet ice cream cone stamps in the July 2023 Kit of the Month called Anchored by Love from Unity Stamp Co. I just can't get enough of all the fun Summer stamps in this month's kit! I've wanted to color up this ice cream cone since I saw it!


I paired up the sweet ice cream cone with the Slices of Summer - A Watermelon Harvest {paper pack} from this month's Whit Kit membership. I was really wanting to do a fun pink color for a watermelon sorbet ice cream cone. Yum! These papers are perfect!


I stamped the cute ice cream cone on white card stock with Black Amalgam ink and colored it up with the following Copic markers:

Cone ~ E21, E23, E25
Sorbet ~ RV00, RV21, RV13, RV04
Leaves ~ YG11, G24
Stick ~ E21, E23, E25
Berries ~ BV01, BV13, B63
Grounding ~ C00, C1, C3


You may notice that my card design today is similar to my card design from yesterday. Well, I couldn't help but use the same design. It was perfect for the scraps of pattern paper tucked in with my paper pad. This is the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 14. I host a fun little sketch challenge in my Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Facebook group each month. I've had a lot of fun sharing sketches in my other group... Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group... but since that group is Christmas themed only I wanted to share sketches that could be used for any occasion. 


I trimmed a 4 x 5-1/4" panel of white card stock and adhered the triangle pieces on either end. I then adhered the strips of pattern paper down the middle. I did have to cut the white with black polka dot and pink pattern papers in half and adhere them to the edges. This left some white space in the middle which was okay because the focal panel covers it.


I cut my focal panel to the measurements on the sketch and adhered them together. I colored the bottom of the panel to ground the ice cream cone. I then fussy cut the ice cream cone and cleaned up the edges by coloring them with the edge of my Memento Tuxedo black marker. A trick I like to use to make fussy cut images nice and neat. I then adhered it to the card. I heat embossed the sentiment using Black Amalgam ink with a fine black embossing powder that I melted with a heat tool. I die cut the sentiment using the Scalloped & Stitched Sentiment Nesting dies and adhered it across the card.


Here's a look at the whole Kit of the Month for July!! The perfect Summer kit! Can you believe that you get this full sheet of rubber for only $44.99. That includes shipping! You also get a $6.95 discount on every order from Unity over $45. And you can purchase any past kits for only $34 plus shipping. Such a great value!

I'll be back for another Membership Wednesday blog post in two weeks. Next week, I'll be sharing inspiration for the amazing new August 2023 Background of the Month on my Instagram.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.