Saturday, September 4, 2021

~ Friends of Unity September 2021 Blog Hop ~

 Hello there crafty friend!

It's time for our September 2021 Friends of Unity blog hop!!
This month we have a fun Color Challenge and we're inviting all of you to join in the fun!! We'll have an album in the Unity Show & Tell group on Facebook where you can enter a card or other paper craft  project using our color palette below. So fun!


I love the color palette we decided on... Sage, White & Kraft! I have two cards to share today...


I decided on a CAS card for my first card using my very neglected Prismacolor pencils on kraft card stock. I stamped the beautiful flower from the August 2020 Uniquely Unity kit called It's Your Choice with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink. I mat the panel with a piece of white card stock to help the white of the flower pop.


The sentiment is stamped with Wow Clear Embossing powder and then I melted some Alabaster White embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I trimmed the sentiment and popped it up on the card with foam tape. Easy peasy!


My second card was also pretty easy... I stamped the beautiful star flourish from the Emerge {LOL 2/16} kit with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks onto Kraft card stock. And then I added some white acrylic paint splatter to the panel. I die cut the panel with a large stitched rectangle die and then die cut it again with a smaller stitched rectangle die. I adhered the larger piece directly to a white A2 top fold card base and then mat the second die cut with white card stock adhering it on the card.


I stamped the beautiful flower on white card stock with the Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink and then colored it up with a few Prismacolor pencils. I added a couple foam squares just to the center of the flower and rounded the petals to give them a bit of dimension on the card. It's hard to see in the photos. I stamped the sentiment with Wow Clear embossing ink and melted Alabaster White embossing powder. I trimmed it and mat it with white card stock and adhered it to the card.

 We'd love to invite you to join in the fun!! Create a pretty card or other paper project using the Sage, White & Kraft color palette and enter it in the album in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group. We're offering up a few fun prizes that will be randomly chosen for those that enter the challenge! Since I'm in the middle of moving, I'm offering a $25 gift card to Unity for one lucky winner. I sure hope you'll join in the fun! We can't wait to see what you create!

Please hop along and enjoy some more inspiration from the Friends of Unity. I'm sure that some of my friends are having a giveaway so be sure to comment as you hop along.


Let's get to the hopping...

Crystal <--- you're here












Thanks so much for supporting our little hop!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}




25 comments:

  1. OMG… I LOVE LOVE LOVE these! I have the stamp set used for the second card and you just blew me away with your composition! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce--I need to get a hold of you as I am the winner of your May giveaway and don't know how to contact you. My email is slrdowney at hotmail dot com

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty, I love that you colored with white, I have not done that in so long but love love the look. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cards but especially love the details on your second card! Will have to remember to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love pencil coloring on kraft cs - especially white! Both cards are really lovely. *Best wishes on your move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I love the design layouts and pencil on kraft is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these cards, but I have such a weakness for coloured pencils on kraft paper - I have to pick the first as my favorite. Stamping the flowers (on both cards) with Peeled Paint was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards Crystal, I love the layered look on the second one.
    Good luck with your move

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both just beautiful! I LOVE this color combo...kraft is my favorite go to for bases but now you've made me want to try my colored pencils on it. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always loved when you create on Kraft. Can you believe I gave away my full set of Prisma CP's?! Regrets! That second card is absolutely fantastic! I love everything about it! Loving the white embossed sentiments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous cards! I don’t use kraft nearly as much as I should! You have inkspired me to pull out my pencils and try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these look lovely
    in the colors and
    embossing.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both such pretty cards. The white on kraft looks so elegant. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only used colored pencils on kraft once but I love the look and your card is gorgeous! Love the delicate look of the floral design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stunning cards. I love the colors, stamps, and designs. Just gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The floral designs are just beautiful! I love the kraft and white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving both of your fabulous cards!!
    I don't think I've seen the bg stamp you used on the 2nd card! Love that!!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both great cards! Love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards. I really like the white on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a pretty color palette. Your two cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are beautiful cards...I am happy to say that I am the proud recipient of the second card! Thank you so much! I love my card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my I love cards made on Kraft paper. Hope the move is going well and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh, you are the queen on coloring on kraft! good luck on your move and thanks for sharing these beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely color combination for this challenge. Your cards are both beautiful in so many ways. Not only the colors, but the layouts and showcase these colors so well. I won't be able to play along with the challenge as I am not on Facebook. Enjoy the fun of this collaborative event! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.