Friday, May 15, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ April 2020 City Streets and Country Roads Card Kit ~ Layered Stencils for CAS Cards

Hey there crafty friend!
Today, I'm sharing a couple sweet CAS cards using the fabulous City Streets and Country Roads card kit and stencils!! I layered a shape stencil with the city skyline portion of the stencil included in the Banana Split subscription to create these fun cards.


My first card was created using the Scalloped Circle Masquerade stencil from Heffy Doodle. I started by blending Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink over the top portion of the scalloped circle. I then blended some Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink on the bottom portion. Then I placed the city skyline stencil over top of the scalloped circle stencil and secured it with some purple tape. I also covered the words underneath the skyline on the stencil with some purple tape. I then blended some Black Soot Distress Oxide ink lightly over the stencil for my base color and using a post it note I added some dimension to the buildings blending from the bottom right edge and up. 


I stamped the sentiment from the Your Best Life stamp set from Collection Two of the card kit with Memento Tuxedo black ink. And then I stamped the girl from the same stamp set onto a scrap of white card stock. If you remember my card from the reveal a couple of weeks ago, I've used a very similar color combo on this girl. And I'll have a video of my coloring to share with you tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a list of the Copic markers that I used to color this image:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
Eyes ~ B02, B16, C1
Hair ~ E50, E51, E53, E55
Clothes ~ R05, R08, R22, C00, C1, C3, B0000, B02, B16
Scooter ~ R000, R01, R14, R21, R30, N0, N2, N4, N6, C00, C1, C3, Y11, Y13



And I did the same layered stencils technique to make my second card. This time I used the super girl stamp from the Super Host stamp set in Collection One along with a star stencil that I created myself by die cutting a piece of card stock with a star die.


I used the following Copic markers to color up this sweet super girl:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Hair ~ E50, E51, E53, E55
Clothes ~ Y11, Y13, Y15, R000, R14, R24, R27, B0000, B00, B02, B05



Here's a video showing the Layered Stencils technique I used for these adorable CAS cards!
I sure hope you've enjoyed the cards I've shared today! The April 2020 card kit is sold out but you can subscribe now so you don't miss out on the May 2020 card kit... and let me just tell you, you DO NOT want to miss this next kit!!! It's SO adorable... just saying!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.