Thursday, May 28, 2020

Unity Stamp Company ~ December 2018 Layers of Life Revive ~ Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop

Hello there crafty friend!
Today, I'm sharing another card for the fabulous Spring | Summer 2020 Coffee Lovers Hop using one of my favorite kits from Unity Stamp Company called Revive... this is a Layers of Life kit from December 2018 and it is ABSOLUTELY amazing to use in a mixed media style card so, that's exactly what I did!!




I started by blending Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink over the right side of a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of Kraft card stock. I then blended some Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink over the left side and into the middle. I blended with big wispy circles kind of giving a smoky feel to the blends. I then blended some Ground Espresso on the right side leaving some of the Vintage Photo. And to add a bit more contrast to the colors I added a tiny bit of Black Soot to the very edge on the left side.


I stamped the Revive stamp onto the dried background that I rubbed with my anti-static pouch with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink and heat embossed a fine clear embossing powder. I then stamped another background stamp from the Vibes kit this time, but again with the Ground Espresso. I stamped that twice down the left side of the card. It gets lost in the darker portion of the card on the left side, but you can see some of the text in the center on the Vintage Photo blends. It needed more of something so I started looking through my stencils. I decided first to use the grid-like stencil from the Tim Holtz Mini Stencil Set 22. I used it on the upper right side and blended some Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink... it goes about two-thirds down the card. I then blended some Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink over the same stencil in the bottom right corner.


I set that stencil aside and started rummaging through my stencils again... that's when I found my coffee splatter stencil and knew I HAD to use it! This stencil is from the Tim Holtz Mini Stencil Set 3. I blended some Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink over the stencil on the left side of the card. It really pops on the darker blends on that side. Now I decided the coffee cup was getting lost in this background so I stamped it again but this time I used VersaFine Onyx Black ink and I heat embossed it with the fine clear embossing powder, as well. And then to color the coffee cup all I did was blend some of the Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink making sure to keep it light near the top of the cup. To ground the cup on the background, I blended some Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink just back and forth... I love how the stencil pops through the darker ink! I did a bit of water splatter and dabbed it up with a paper towel and then I added some black acrylic paint splatters. I fussy cut the cup and popped it up on the background. Now this fabulous sentiment which sums up my addiction to the wonderful caffeinated beverage that this whole hop is about is from another fantastic kit called Whit's Words. I blended a tiny bit of Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink on a scrap piece of white card stock and then stamped the Obsessed sentiment with Gina K.'s Black Amalgam ink. 


To mat my background, I blended some Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink around the edges of a white card front trimmed down to 4-1/8 x 5-3/8". I trimmed down my background to 4 x 5-1/4" and adhered it to the mat. I then adhered the entire panel to a black card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" and adhered that to a kraft top-fold A2 card base.

Well... this was not a short post but I think I covered all the details of this card. If you have any questions on how I created this card, feel free to ask in the comments. Be sure to check out the Spring | Summer 2020 Coffee Lovers Hop... it's winding down tomorrow. I sure have had a blast creating and sharing during this hop... I hope to sit back and check out more of the creations soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

9 comments:

  1. Inky hugs to you for creating and sharing this incredible card. Obsessed! Great to read the details. Inspired! Thank you Crystal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is devine, I love the background and the way it looks like the coffee has spilt over the sides onto the worktop. It just all works together so well

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background which makes that cup really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the incredible details in this card! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Crystal.
    I am devastated that I can't join in this time, my printer has run out of ink, and because of the postal delays, I am still waiting to receive my order

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh this is so fabulous, love all the details you added. I think my wishlist just grew a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.