Saturday, May 23, 2020

Polka Dot Orchard ~ Gnome Talkie Before Coffee ~ Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop

Hello there crafty friend!
Today, I'm sharing a quick card for the fabulous Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop using the sweet Gnome Talkie Before Coffee digi set from Super Sponsor Polka Dot Orchard!! 




Love this sweet gnome!


This color palette is not one that I would normally do... which is why I just HAD to give it a try using the color combo keyword: ctd594 from the Color Throwdown blog!! AND I thought it would also be fun to play along with the amazing sketch #436 over at Freshly Made Sketches!!





I colored up this image with the following Copic markers:

Gnome ~ E000, E00, N0, N2, N4, N6, C00, C1
Cup ~ Y06, Y11, Y13, E23, E27, E51

For my ink smooshed background, I scribbled on my acrylic block with the Stampin' Up! Basic Grey marker and spritzed it a couple times with my mini water bottle. I then 'stamped' with the inky block onto my card stock. I did that a couple of times and then I smooshed my Black Soot Distress Oxide ink onto my Mixed Media Glass Mat. I spritzed the smooshed ink a bit. Then I grabbed my coffee cup (carefully, because it was still half full of coffee... lol), dabbed it in the ink and stamped right on the paper! Easy peasy! I die cut the Scalloped Stitched Rectangles Frame by Gina Marie Designs from white card stock two times. I adhered those layers together and then adhered it to my ink smooshed background. I trimmed off the excess card stock around the edges and then adhered it to my white card base. I adhered my fussy cut gnome and then added a few grey enamel dots from my stash. I love how this turned out!! 


It was fun using colors that I normally wouldn't use. I love when challenges take me out of my comfort zone!

Be sure to check out the fun Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Hop!! And go check out the fabulous digi stamps over at Polka Dot Orchard!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal




16 comments:

  1. Fabulous, I love how u combined the colors on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun design! And great use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun and a great coffee themed card. Love the gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness, this is such a fabulous and fun design! Love everything about it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colors. I am loving this image. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute Crystal! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super fun card! I just love that little gnome and his coffee! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is perfect.. that gnome is sweet with the sentiment cup! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that cute gnome image. He looks great on your wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a great pun and this is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Just makes me smile! So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super adorable caffeinated creation!! Lovin' that gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great color combo! Darling card! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun and love this Background too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.