Friday, May 8, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ City Streets and Country Roads Card Kit ~ Flowery Camera Die

Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing another sweet card using the fabulous Flowery Camera die by Scrapping for Less from the City Streets and Country Roads card kit!! I just adore this die... I colored the die cuts for my sneak peek card before the reveal of the kit. That was so much fun!! You can check that card out here ---> my Sneak Peek card!


This time I wanted to piece the die back together using different papers... just like a puzzle! I don't know about you, but I love puzzles and piecing these die pieces back together was so much fun! And I have all kinds of pieces leftover to make more cards with!! I started by die cutting Chocolate card stock for my die base. I adhered that to a piece of copy paper and then fussy cut it out.


Then I die cut the Flowery Camera from three different papers in the Country Roads paper pack and adhered all of those pieces to my Chocolate camera. Isn't it just so pretty?! I love how it turned out! Now if you didn't snatch up one of these fabulous card kits while you had the chance, be sure to check out the A La Carte section of the website... you can still purchase the gorgeous papers and some of the other products in the kit!!


Did you see the little extra glittery goodness I added to my card? These gorgeous glittery papers by DCWV are available in the A La Carte section of the shop AND they make such a great addition to the card kit!! I really loved the Mojo Monday sketch that the design team used for our hop and reveal so I decided to use it again for this card. You can check out the sketches that the DT used here ---> April 2020 Sketch Sheet. I trimmed all of my paper layers and adhered them to a Chocolate card stock card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I wrapped a piece of Natural Twine from the Country Roads Collection around those paper layers and tied off a knot. I then adhered the panel to a white card base from my stash. I popped up the stitched arch that I die cut from the text papers and then adhered the die cut Flowery Camera directly to it.


I think it turned out lovely!! I decided not to add a sentiment at this point because I'm just not sure what occasion I'm going to use it for. Do you ever do that with your cards?

I hope I've inspired you to pull out your City Streets and Country Roads card kit and get some inky time in... or maybe some paper piecing time since I didn't actually get inky with this card! Lol!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.