Friday, October 19, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ Newton's Nook ~ Sending Warm Thoughts

Hello! Today I'm sharing a couple of cute Fall cards using the Sweater Weather stamp set by Newton's Nook. Now this adorable set is geared a bit more towards a Christmas theme with the snowflakes and the mittens included in the set. I had a different idea for this set since the temperatures are starting to drop and it's finally time to pull out some sweaters, I really wanted to make a Fall themed card using this set so let's have a look at what I came up with... 


I started by blending some Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain distress ink over the Newton's Nook Tree Rings stencil on two pieces of kraft card stock measuring 4 x 5-1/4". I adhered a strip of coordinating card stock on the left edge and then adhered a 1-1/2" strip of Echo Park Celebrate Autumn patterned paper on both pieces of stenciled kraft card stock. I then mat these pieces with a dark brown card stock measuring 4-1/8 x 5-3/8" and adhered them to kraft card bases. I stamped the sentiment on a piece of coordinating card stock using Versamark watermark ink and heat embossed a fine white embossing powder. I then die cut it with a banner die that I trimmed on one end. I adhered these banners to the card and set them aside.


Since I wanted a Fall theme for my card, I decided to use the coffee cup and pumpkins from the Newton's Nook Fall-ing For You stamp set that was included in the September 2017 Flavor of the Month card kit. I stamped all the images in Memento tuxedo black ink and them colored them in with the following Copic markers:

Newton ~ YR0000, YR21, YR24, BG70, BG72, N0, N1, N2, R37, R56
Bear ~ E44, E47, E49, E70, E71, E74, R00, YR15, YR21, YR24, YR68, Y35, BG70, BG72
Pumpkins ~ E55, E57, YR15, YR27, YR68
Coffee Cups ~ R37, R56, BG70, BG72, YR21, YR24, YR68, N0

All that was left to do was fussy cutting the images out and adhering them to the cards using a liquid glue. I sure hope you enjoyed the cards I'm sharing with you today. I had so much fun making them!

Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
~ Crystal




2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say "hi". I have become a daily reader of your blog and just thought you should know that I love your artistic creativity on your cards. I am doing cards myself and find it a great way to beat the stress of the world today. Keep up the beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... that is so sweet of you!! Thank you so much for your kind words and for checking out my blog!! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.