Friday, October 5, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ March 2018 FOTM ~ Let's Make Some Birthday Cards

Hello! Today, I am sharing a handful of cards I created using an older Flavor of the Month card kit from Scrapping for Less.
I found myself in need of some birthday cards and I remembered this sweet March 2018 Flavor of the Month card kit in my stash called It's All About Ice Cream. The perfect kit to replenish my birthday card stash!!


For all of the cards I created, I went with a pretty simple design... I started with a 5-1/4 x 4" piece of patterned paper from the collection. Some of those I mat on a piece of 5-3/8 x 4-1/8" piece of coordinating card stock... some I just left as is and adhered to a white card base.
This first card I watercolored and die cut with a wonky rectangle die. I stamped the sentiment from the Flavor of the Month Year 1 sentiment stamp set and then popped it up on the card with foam tape. I added a few sequins and that was it for card one.


For my second card, I added a strip of the pretty ribbon that I adhered to the back of the patterned paper. I then stamped the cute Flavor of the Month Logo stamp masking the center so I could stamp Happy Birthday from the FOTM Year 1 sentiment stamp instead. I just used a ruler and a Memento tuxedo black marker to add the masked lines back in and then stamped the sentiment. I colored the image using the following Copic markers ~ R14, R20, R29, B02, B21, BG000, BB01, BG45, E0000, E00, E23, E25, Y15. I fussy cut the focal image and then popped it up on the card. I added a few red sequins and this one was done.


For my third card I had to get creative because I didn't have a full 5-1/4 x 4" piece of patterned paper left over so I combined two papers and mat them on a green piece of card stock. This card was pretty simple... I utilized the fantastic cut-a-parts included in the patterned papers. I mat this particular one on red card stock and then popped it up on the card. I added a few of the Silver Glossy Dots and then decided I wanted to also use the cute Lawn Fawn Treat Yourself stamp set. 


I thought it would be fun to add a gift card for an ice cream shop (only had this gift card to show... sorry!) inside so I paper pieced the ice cream tub using the papers from this collection and adhered it on a strip of the same patterned paper that I had stamped the sentiment. I colored the little bit of ice cream using R20, E27, E51. I left the bottom portion of the card empty so I can write my birthday wishes to the recipient.


Now getting creative again, I cut the music note patterned paper in half and adhered it along with the green/white polka dot paper to the mat of orange card stock. I mat another cut-a-part paper onto red card stock and popped it up on the card with foam tape. I used my last five Silver Glossy Dots to finish off this card.


My last card came together pretty simply with the layers of patterned paper and the addition of the tag. I stamped the Ice Cream Marci directly on the tag along with the sentiment and then set the tag aside. I stamped Ice Cream Marci again on a scrap piece of white card stock and then paper pieced her shirt with the pink/white polka dot paper. I colored her in with the following Copic markers E0000, E00, E17, E23, E27, E47, E49, B91, B95, RV10, RV14, RV21. I then fussy cut her out and adhered her to the tag. I added some pink and white ribbon that I tied off with some twine... all from my stash. I then popped up the tag on the card and called this last card done!

There are some March 2018 Flavor of the Month card kits still in the shop. There's also some mini collections available in the shop. You can check out all of those kits... here.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.