Friday, October 12, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ Lawn Fawn ~ Merry Little Christmas!



Hello! Today I'm sharing a bunch of super cute cards using Lawn Fawn's Say What? Christmas Critters along with a few other Lawn Fawn products. Let's have a look, shall we?


I really wanted to make a card that would showcase the sweet critters included in the stamp set but I also wanted to play with the Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Christmas papers. I pulled out my collage die and started die cutting the papers. I went a little crazy... I ended up with more than enough pieces to make 5 cards.


Now it was time for assembling the card bases. I chose coordinating card stock to mat each collage. I adhered the outside piece and then adhered each stitched piece. Once all of those were done, I adhered each one to a white card base.


Time for the fun! I stamped each of the little critters and the sentiments in the word bubbles several times on white card stock with Memento tuxedo black ink and started coloring with my Copic markers. I chose colors to match the fun rainbow colors in the papers.
Penguin ~ N1, N3, N5, N7, YR14, YR16, R24, R27.
Deer ~ E23, E25, E51, E53, E31, E34, W4.
Llama ~ W00, W1, W3, E41, E51, BG13, BG32.
Unicorn ~ YR16, R27, YG05, Y15, B00, BG32, R00, E0000, BV000, BV04, W4.


I then decided the little critters needed some trees behind them, so I grabbed the Lawn Fawn Winter Skies stamp set and stamped the trees several times on white card stock with Memento tuxedo black ink and also colored them in with Copic markers. I used ~ YG03, YG17, YG23, E57. I played around with the shading on the trees alternating the darker to lighter colors to give the trees some interest rather than make them all the same.


All that was left to do was assemble the cute critter scene on the cards. I decided to use the main sentiment to ground the scene so I die cut the banners from coordinating card stock using a banner die and stamped the sentiment using VersaMark ink and heat embossing a fine white embossing powder. I popped the banners up on the card with foam tape and then adhered the trees with a liquid glue. I alternated popping up the critters on the first four cards coordinating them to the particular sentiment. For example, I popped up the llama on the card with the 'fa-la-la llama' sentiment. On my last card I adhered several trees in the background and then popped up all of the critters having them 'sit' on the banner.

This is such a fun set to play with!! I loved it so much that I also made some tags!! 


I kept the design very simple. 
I die cut the bases of the tags from the Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Christmas papers. 



I die cut the frames of the tags from white card stock.  I had some critters and sentiment bubbles left over from the cards that I had made so I just used those for these tags.



 I did change up four of them by adding the sentiment to a white base that I had die cut with the other bubble die in the coordinating Say What Gift Tags die set. To finish these tags off, I added some baker's twine from my stash. So cute! And quick!

Now, be sure to go to the shop and sign up on the waitlist for this fantastic stamp set!! You can do that... here!!


Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
~ Crystal



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.