Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 20 ~ Pawsome Peepers ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a brand new sketch for the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Facebook group. Once again I had so much fun that I ended up making two cards to share! I veered away from using up my scraps because there weren't enough pieces to work with for this card design. But I'll be back with some 'scraps cards' soon! I did, however, use stamps that still hadn't seen ink!


My two cards for TOPII Sketch 20 featuring all of the adorable pup stamps from Pawsome Peepers from Unity Stamp Co. I just had to ink them all up! I thought these cuties would be perfect for this sketch all stacked up!


My first card featuring four of the adorable pups. I stamped them all using Black Amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs. I colored them up with my Copic markers and fussy cut them out. 


I paired the Pawsome Peepers pups with the Timeworn Paws Anthology {paper pack}. I used these beautiful papers for my daisy card that I shared awhile ago. I just love the gorgeous colors in these papers!


I die cut a circle from another pattern paper in the pack using a 1-1/4" circle die from the Nesting Circles Dies from Waffle Flower. I mat the pattern paper circle using a scrap circle in my stash. I'm not totally positive but I think it's a scrap from the Stitched Circle Plate Background dies from Gina Marie Designs that I used on a sweet gnome Halloween card last year.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up these pups:

Top: E50, E53, E21
Second: E000, E11, C00, C1
Third: N0, N1, N3, N5
Bottom: R00, R20, C00, C1


Here's a look at the fun new sketch for Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 20. Another great sketch for those larger leftover pieces. The sketch, as always, is meant to inspire not require. So let the sketch lead in your design, but don't feel limited by it. I have a few fun ideas for this sketch and I hope to play some more with it during the next few weeks.


My second card featuring the other four pups from the Pawsome Peepers stamps.
Not only did I struggle to narrow down which pups to ink up for my card which resulted in my using all of them, I also couldn't decide on which papers I wanted to use. So I had to make two cards! All of my measurements are directly from the sketch. The only change I made was the black circle mat that's slightly larger at about 1-1/2".


The pups are adhered to a 2-3/8 x 4-1/8" piece of Kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink. The circles are adhered to the focal panel and then I added a bunch of foam tape to the back of both pieces and popped them up on the cards. I finished off the cards using enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs. They weren't labeled so I'm not sure which set they came from... sorry!

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up the last four pups:
 
Top: E000, E41, E53, E55 
Second: R00, R20, C00, C1
Third: E11, E13, E17, E09
Bottom: R00, R20, C00, C1


The sentiments are also from the Pawsome Peepers stamps from Unity Stamp Co. I trimmed them and mat them with True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink. The white of the paper was a little to bright for the card so I used a blending brush that I usually use for Vintage Photo Distress Ink and just blended over the sentiment without adding anymore ink. I'm so happy with how these cards turned out! I hope you're inspired to play along with the sketch... and maybe even ink up a stamp set that hasn't seen ink yet! Have a wonderful week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love anything animal related but, especially, dog related. Thanks for sharing a new sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.