Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ Sunny Studio Stamps ~ Brighten My Day

Hello there crafty friend!
Today, I'm sharing a couple of sweet cards using the adorable Spring Showers stamp set along with the Spring Fling papers, both from Sunny Studio Stamps and available in the SFL shop!


I went a little crazy with all the layers of cute papers from the Spring Fling paper pack... but how could I not?! These papers are too cute!! 



This fun sketch is the current Mojo Monday sketch over at the Poetic Artistry blog. I love to check out the sketch blogs for inspiration and I'm entering my first card in this fun challenge!


I stamped the sweet girl holding the flower from the Spring Showers stamp set with Memento Tuxedo black ink on white card stock and then again on a post it note to mask my image. I blended a little Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks over the masked image. You may notice that the color seems a little smudged... that's because I forgot to heat set the black ink. I still make mistakes after twenty plus years of cardmaking... lol! Anywho, it still looks okay so I removed the mask and colored the image with the following copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E21
Hair ~ Y21, YR12, YR14
Clothes ~ BV0000, BV01
Hair Clip/Flower ~ R81, R85, Y06, Y15


I adhered all the layers together, wrapping the cluster of layers with a little white baker's twine. I then adhered the layers to the purple flower layer that I had adhered to a white card base. I popped up the main image and the sentiment with some foam squares to finish off this card. I think it turned out pretty cute... what do you think?


While I was playing with the papers and stamps making the first card, I had a fun idea for this second card. I had run across this sketch on the CAS(E) this Sketch blog and thought it would be cute to feature this adorable little girl playing in the rain. I stamped the girl and umbrella with Memento Tuxedo black ink and then colored them in with the following copic markers:

Skin/Mouth ~ E000, E00, E21, R14, N4
Hair ~ E35, E37
Clothes ~ C00, C1, R81, R83, R85
Umbrella ~ R81, R83, R85, BV0000, BV01


I created the background by stamping the Rain Showers stamp twice on a piece of white card stock with VersaMark watermark ink and then I heat embossed an ultra fine clear embossing powder. I then blended the Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn Oxide inks to create my sky and ground. I die cut the background with a circle die and then mat it with a scalloped circle that I had die cut from another piece of white card stock.


I couldn't find quite the right blue card stock for my card base so I cut one of the papers from the Spring Fling paper pack. Even though it's mostly covered by the next layer of papers... I wanted that blue layer to help it all pop. I then adhered the three strips of patterned paper to a white piece of card stock measuring 4-1/8 x 5-3/8". I adhered that layer to the card and then popped up the main image with foam squares. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white card stock and then mat it on the same blue patterned paper I used on the base. To finish off the card, I added a few Sea Breeze Jewel drops... I like the translucent look to these drops. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.