Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Polka Dot Orchard ~ CAS Card ~ Trust Your Journey

Hello there crafty friends!
Today, I'm sharing a CAS card using the adorable digi set called Trust Your Journey by Polka Dot Orchard. I just adore this sweet digi set and the sentiments included in this digi set have such deep meaning. I especially love the one I used for my card today... 'Forget the mistake, Remember the lesson.' This is definitely a meaningful sentiment... one that I take to heart.

Now if you're not familiar with CAS cards, the acronym CAS stands for Clean And Simple... so a CAS card is a card that is clean and simple. And CAS cards are my jam! I love them! Sometimes they come together super quick but other times, even though they are clean and simple, they aren't necessarily easy. But I have found while working with digi stamps that digi stamps are perfect for CAS cards. I can easily combine images together in a Word Document and print off a card front. For the card I created to share today, I combined the image of the girl with the moon and combined it with the sentiment... both I kept higher up on the card front. I then printed it off.


I trimmed the card front to 4-1/8 x 5-3/8" and got to coloring! Since I wanted a CAS card, I only did a limited amount of coloring focusing on the direct area of the image and a little bit around it.


I used the following copic markers:
Skin ~ E000, E00
Hair ~ E35, E37, E47
Clothes ~ BV000, BV02, BV11, C00, C1, C3
Moon ~ Y000, Y02, Y06, Y15, Y35
Sky ~ B0000, B12, B21, B37, B39
Grass ~ YG05, YG11, YG17


Once I was done blending and coloring the image, I added a few stars to the darker part of the sky with white gel pen. I adhered the card front to a Night of Navy card base and called this CAS card done! I love how this turned out!


I sure hope that you love it too! If you love this sweet image, you can check it out here ---> Trust Your Journey digi set. If you're curious about digi stamps and want to see some of the other images available by the fabulous artists of Polka Dot Orchard, check out this link ---> Polka Dot Orchard.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.