Friday, January 3, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ Winter Fairies ~ Bright Winter Wishes!

Hello there crafty friends!
Today, I have a beautiful card using the newly released Winter Fairies stamp set for a card that could be used for the Holidays or just a winter themed card to brighten someone's day! 


This is a two step stamping process... I stamped the light string three times on a white card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" using Memento tuxedo black ink. I then lined up the little light bulb and stamped it using different colors.


I then colored in each of the little light sockets and bulbs... which actually didn't take very long. The lights are so cute and quick to color in. I used the following copic markers:

Light Sockets ~ N0, N2, N5, N7, N9
Light Bulbs ~ R000, R14, R29, Y000, Y13, Y35, B0000, B00, B02, B04, G0000, G000, G46, YG11, YG63


I gave each of the little light bulbs a bit of a glow by coloring around the light bulb with the lightest color. The green was a little dark so I ended up going around the outer edge of the glow with the Colorless Blender... lightened it right up! I placed my card front in my Travel Stamp Platform and lined up the sentiment. Sadly, I didn't notice a bit of ink that I had neglected to clean off of my platform so I ended up with a couple of smudges near both ends of my crisp clean white card front *insert palm to head emoji*... I tried to fix it with my handy dandy Tombow Mono Sand Eraser, but it wouldn't work. I opted to trim off the ends. 


So... I decided to pop up the panel onto a white card base and I'm actually really happy with the end result! I hope you like it too! Be sure to check out the new release... there's only a limited number available!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.