Sunday, January 12, 2020

Polka Dot Orchard ~ Anything Goes Card ~ Pocket Card that's a Gift!

Hello there crafty friends!
Today, I'm sharing a cute little gift idea that I made for Christmas gifts using the adorable From Our Gnome to Yours digi set. I made these for Christmas, but I think these could be used any time of the year and for all occasions! 


I did customize the measurements to fit the Starbucks hot cocoa packets that I was including in the pockets. I started with a 8-3/8 x 6-1/8" piece of kraft card stock. I scored it at 1/4", 4-1/4",  and 4-3/8". I creased the scored lines well with my bone folder and then adhered the 1/4" flap to the inside of the pocket using tear tape. With the pocket ready to go, now it was time for the fun part... adding pretty papers and the adorable gnome from the From Our Gnome to Yours digi set.


I cut the patterned paper from Lawn Fawn's Snow Day Remix papers to 3-3/4 x 6" and then used a pencil to lightly mark off my cut points for the diagonal cut on the top portion. Once I had all of those cut, I used those cut off diagonal pieces to add another layer of paper to the pocket. 


I mix matched a bunch of the papers and for this particular pocket, I adhered the bunny paper on the top portion where the gnome would be adhered. On my other pocket cards (sadly, I forgot to take a picture), I adhered the diagonal piece of paper on the bottom portion where the gnome would be adhered. I hope that makes sense.


Now for the cute gnome... I resized and combined the Christmas tree digi with the gnome holding the sign that says "Wishing you a Merry Gnomemas and lots of holiday cheer for a bright year" in a Word document. I was able to fit 9 of these on one full 8-1/2 x 11" sheet of card stock. I printed off a few of these sheets with this little guy on kraft card stock and colored them all with the same prismacolor pencils. I trimmed each of them down and mat them on a piece of white card stock that I had die cut with a small stitched square die.


I adhered the mat gnome panels to the front of the pocket cards with tear tape. I did leave the top of the gnome panel open on some so I could slide in a gift card. It really turned into quite a fun gift idea and even though I assembled over 20 of these, I had so much fun and can't wait to make more!


To finish these off, I added the hot cocoa packets and candy canes... I even added some twine to some of the ones that I sent to family and friends (sadly, I didn't get a picture before sending those off). I sure hope that the family and friends that received them really enjoyed them!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

8 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.