Friday, November 15, 2019

Unity Stamp Company ~ No Limit To Love ~ Pop-Up Shadow Box Card

Hello there crafty friends!
I'm back with a fun interactive Pop-Up Shadow Box Card using a gorgeous new release from Unity Stamp Company called No Limit to Love by the fabulous Phyllis Harris!! I am loving this kit so much and as soon as I saw it I knew I HAD to make a shadow box card!


Isn't it just the sweetest!?! I love the magic of Christmas and this combination of stamps just oozes that wonderful feeling!!


 I used the sweet Santa and reindeer silhouette from the September 2019 Kit of the Month called All Kinds of Holiday Love for the inside of the card.


I blended a bunch of distress oxide inks for the inside background... Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge for the moon; and Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, and Broken China for the sky. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture after stamping Santa and his reindeer and all the fun splatter. I stamped Santa with VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed a fine black embossing powder. I then splattered the background with water, dabbed it dry with a paper towel, and then splattered white acrylic paint that I had watered down slightly. I like to water it down a bit so the splatter will make smaller dots and specks.


In this picture you can see some of the snow I created with the white paint splatter and a bit of  the reindeer in front of the moon.


And there's a peek at Santa on his sleigh! 


I colored the little girl with the following copic markers:
Skin ~ E000, E00, E21, R00, R20
Hair ~ E23, E37, E47
Clothes/Earring/Hair Tie ~ R000, R14, R29


This is the view from the other side.


The shading around the window and the circle was colored with C00 and C1 copic markers. I wanted the focus of the circle to be on the window so I left the rest of the space white, but added the shading around the edges to give it a feeling of reminiscence... dreaming of those days as a child waiting for Santa. A magical time! I used the Fiskars Fingertip Control Craft Knife to cut out the window panes. I did extend the window panes on the left to show more of the background. To finish off the card, I added the patterned paper with the die cut circle cut out and mat with a red card stock. The paper is from the My Favorite Christmas collection by Echo Park.



Here's a little video showing the card in action. There's a bit of a loud noise from my phone at the beginning of the video so please adjust your volume before clicking play.

Now, if you're interested in how to make this style of card, check out this fabulous post by Jennifer McGuire. I used the very same measurements, just adjusted my design to fit my needs.
Be sure to check out the new releases over at Unity Stamp Co.!!! So many wonderful new stamps!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

4 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.