Friday, November 29, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ November 2019 Flavor of the Month Card Kit ~ Sneak Peek!!

Hello there crafty friends!!
Today I'm sharing one last sneak peek for the November 2019 Flavor of the Month card kit called 
A Vintage Christmas.


I had such a hard time deciding which stamp to feature for my sneak peek... they are all so beautiful!! Typically vintage isn't the style I would gravitate towards, but there's something about vintage styles when it comes to Christmas cards. I think it brings back memories of childhood and thoughts of family that are no longer with us. At least it does for me. I have always loved the look of cobblestone on houses... I'm not sure that it's vintage but I think the feel of it is.


I made my cobblestones on the house by basically making dots of different warm grays and highlighting some of them. I think it turned out pretty cute. Definitely a technique that I'd like to try again. I used the following Copic markers on this card:

Cobblestone ~ W00, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5
Windows ~ Y000, Y06, Y15
House ~ C00, C1, C2, YG03, YG11, YG63, YG91
Roof / Door / Front Steps ~ N0, N1, N3, N5, N7
Christmas Lights ~ Y000, Y06, Y15, G000, G24, B00, B02, R000, R14, R29
Bows / Wreath ~ R000, R14, R29, G000, G24, G46
Snow / Outline ~ C00, C1, C2, B0000

If you looked through the list above, you may be wondering why I used Cool Gray (C00, C1, C2) on the house when you can't see it. I tried to make paneling on the house with the cool grays and it didn't work out as I had hoped. The paneling actually looked nice, but the cool gray and the warm grays of the cobblestones did not look nice together. So, I decided to try some yellow greens over it to see what would happen and for awhile the lines of the 'paneling' showed through and I thought it looked nice, but once the ink dried they were pretty much covered. It might have something to do with the 4 yellow green markers I used to find just the right green... lol... anywho, you don't know unless you try, right?!

I'm playing along with the fun sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch #349... such a fun design!




I hope that you've enjoyed my sneak peek card! Be sure to check back for the reveal of the gorgeous November 2019 A Vintage Christmas card kit tonight at midnight Eastern time. The design team is hopping with so much lovely inspiration... we hope you'll come back to have a look!

Thanks so much for stopping by! See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.