Thursday, October 10, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ September 2019 FOTM Card Kit Fall is Coming ~ More Inspiration!!

Hello there crafty friends!
I'm back with more fabulous inspiration using the September 2019 Flavor of the Month Card Kit called Fall is Coming!! I'm so excited to share the cards that I created! I had so much fun with this card kit! Once I started creating, I just couldn't stop!! Lol! 

I have 8 cards to share with you all today! I'm going to warn you now, this post is a tad bit long, but I hope you'll stick around and check out all my cards! Let's get to it!


If you've followed my card making journey you'll know that I adore making Halloween cards, so it's no surprise I made a couple extras with the fabulous Frightful Cuties Collection!!! Love it!! I almost used up all the gorgeous papers in the kit... too cute!


My first card is from Collection Two: Cozy Fall
This collection is so beautiful! The papers are absolutely stunning! If I get a chance, I do have plans to make another card or two with this collection... but for today's card, I kept the design kind of simple. I instantly fell in love with the gorgeous rose papers... the colors are amazing so I HAD to use it for my card and I also wanted to use the mug... well, because I love my coffee!! I used the following Copic markers to color the mug and flowers:

Mug ~ R000, R20, R39, R85
Flowers/leaves ~ YG0000, YG01, YG03, YR15, YR21

I fussy cut the mug and went around the edges with my Memento tuxedo black marker to clean it up a bit. I then set it aside and started die cutting the Autumn Blessings die from the Banana Split subscription. I die cut it three times and then adhered the die cuts together. A little tip for this intricate die... it's not one piece, it cuts into four separate sections. I used Press n' Seal wrap to hold my die cut pieces in place. I then added the liquid glue and placed the die cut layers on each other. It was a little time consuming but so worth it!! I love this fabulous font of this sentiment! It's perfect paired up with these gorgeous papers! To finish off the card, I adhered the fussy cut mug just above the sentiment and added a few enamel dots included in the Banana Split subscription.


My second card is from Collection Three: Fall Foliage.
Another fabulous set of papers in this collection and they honestly made this card super quick!!
I cut the gorgeous flourish paper at 4-1/4 x 4-1/2" and popped it up on a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of the yellow paper. I adhered those to a white card base and set them aside. I stamped the beautiful sunflower from the Thankful Floral stamp set by Trinity Stamps... such a gorgeous flower! I colored it in with the following Copic markers:

Flower ~ Y11, YR14, YR15, YR21, YR24, E25, E27
Leaves ~ YG01, YG03, YG63

I stamped the Thankful sentiment on a scrap of white card stock and trimmed it into a strip. I adhered it to the card and then adhered the sunflower using liquid glue on the top portion and some foam tape on the bottom since that flourish paper was popped up. To finish off the card, I added a few of the rich yellow enamel dots to the card and one sweet ladybug! Love it!!


My third card is from Collection Four: Woodland Critters.
For this card, I used one of the fun sketches from the September 2019 FOTM Sketch Sheet. I cut all my pretty papers and adhered them to the Chocolate Brown card base. I die cut a medium sized circle of white card stock and blended a little Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks for my background. I popped up the circle die cut on the card using foam tape. I then set that aside and stamped the moose and snail images on a piece of white card stock. I colored those in with the following Copic markers:

Moose ~ E21, E23, E25, E27, W00, W2, W4, W5, N4
Snail ~ YG0000, YG01, YG03, YR15, YR21, YR24

I fussy cut these adorable Woodland Critters and adhered them to the little scene I created. I originally planned to make two cards with these critters but when I saw them together I just knew they would be the best of friends so I kept them together and stamped the Friends Forever sentiment on a scrap of white card stock. I trimmed it down to a banner and adhered it to the card using liquid glue and foam tape. To finish off this card, I wrapped the twine around the card and tied a bow.


My next five cards are from Collection One: Frightful Cuties.
Now, this collection is absolutely my favorite of the whole kit... that's kind of why I left it for last and also didn't share the collections in order. The papers in this collection are too cute and the colors are awesome for Halloween! Love them! My first card features the adorable Scaredy Cat stamp by Sunny Studio Stamps that's included in Collection One. I stamped the little kitty in the pumpkin along with the moon and stars using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. I knew I was going to die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die so I laid that on the white card stock to help guide me in positioning the stamps. I then colored in the images, as well as the background, with the following Copic markers:

Kitty ~ N0, N1, N2, N3, N5, R000, R20
Pumpkin ~ YR15, YR21, YR68, N0, N3, N5
Moon/Stars ~ Y06, Y11, Y35
Sky ~ BV000, BV00, BV20, BV23, BV25
Grass ~ YG03, YG17, YG23, YG67

Once I was done coloring, I die cut the panel and stamped the sentiment with VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed it with a fine white embossing powder. I adhered all of my layers to a Black Licorice card front measuring 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" and then adhered that to a white card base from my stash. I punched out a piece of the spider web paper using a 1-1/2" circle punch. I die cut the banner from the purple spider web paper. I adhered those two pieces together and then popped them up on the card using foam tape. To finish off this card, I added the fun stickers to the circle and one near the moon. So cute!


The next four cards were so quick and easy to make!! I used the adorable Kiddie Ephemera by Simple Stories that are included in Collection One... these little kids are just TOO cute!!
I blended some Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink on a Stitched Arch STAX die cut piece cut from white card stock and adhered this adorable kid directly on it. I popped up the die cut on the card using foam tape. I added a few of the fun green enamel dots to finish up this card.


I used more of the fabulous papers from the kit with this little vampire!! I added foam tape to the little vampire, as well as the sentiment, and popped those up on the card.


I used more of those fabulous stickers on this card... it was absolutely perfect with this little witch. I blended a bit of Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink on the white die cut circle to make it look like she's conjuring up some Halloween magic fun!! I then popped her up on the card to give her some dimension. Such a great way to add interest to a card!


My last card just might be my favorite! I had fun creating a little background with some purple skies and grey/black road... just like Halloween night! Or close to it anyway! I used a cloud stencil along with Wilted Violet, Hickory Smoke, and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks to create my background. I set that aside and adhered some more pretty papers to a Black Licorice card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" that I adhered to a white card base from my stash. I then die cut my background piece with a small stitched rectangle die and mat it with some Black Licorice card stock. By the way, I was actually out of Black Licorice card stock so that mat piece is actually from the card front piece that's adhered to the card base... a neat little trick I sometimes use when my card stock becomes limited in supply. The 'stolen' piece of card stock is hidden by a layer of patterned papers so no one knows... well, unless you tell them! Lol! Back to the card... I adhered the background  panel to the card and then popped up the little Trick or Treater with some foam squares. I then stamped the sentiment from the Scaredy Cat stamp set, trimmed it and mat it on literally my last little scrap of Black Licorice card stock... I definitely like the black card stock for Halloween cards this year!


Here's a little look at all the Halloween cards together! So much fun!! I love this kit so much... I believe there are still a few kits remaining!! 
Don't miss out on this one! Get it here ---> September 2019 Fall is Coming Card Kit


Thanks so much for stopping by! 
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal




2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.