Friday, September 13, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Stamping Bella ~ Tumbleblossom Cluster

Hello there crafty friends! 
Today, I'm sharing a wonderful watercolor card using a medium that I don't use often enough and that is Distress Crayons! It has been a long time since I've used my distress crayons and actually, it's been a good long while since I've watercolored so I thought why not do it now! 


So to start, I stamped the gorgeous Tumbleblossoms Cluster stamp by Stamping Bella four times over a 4-1/2 x 5-1/2" piece of Canson XL watercolor paper with VersaMark watermark ink and then heat embossed a fine white embossing powder. I then scribbled Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, and Walnut Stain Distress Crayons on my Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat. I was then able to use my watercolor pen and grab the pigment with my pen and watercolor the panel. I had so much fun!


 I started with the lightest color (Mustard Seed) and actually colored a bunch of the flowers with just that color and then I went back in with the Spiced Marmalade and the Festive Berries to add some rich, darker tones that felt more Fall-ish to me. I used the Walnut Stain to color in the open spaces and I just love the way it makes the flowers pop on the panel. To finish off the panel I added some white gel pen to the tiny little flowers and berries. Once I was done watercoloring, I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die and then mat it with a gorgeous reddish orange card stock that I found in my stash. Now the Tumbleblossoms Cluster stamp set doesn't have a sentiment so I dug through some of my Fall stamps and found a gem... the Teresa Talks Fall stamp set!! I love this set and the "fall greetings" sentiment was absolutely perfect for this card! I stamped the sentiment on that same card stock with VersaMark watermark ink and I embossed it with a fine white embossing powder. I trimmed it down and then popped up the sentiment. My first thought when finishing up this card was to find a neutral card base... maybe white or kraft (my go to's!!) but then I got to thinking... I really want that Mustard Seed yellow to pop on this card so I dug through my stash of card stock and found this perfect yellow card stock. Bam! It was perfect! I trimmed it down to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece and then adhered that to a white card base.


Surprise! I was able to make another simple card using the leftover panel. I used the same yellow and reddish orange card stocks from my stash (both are from past card kits... I'm honestly not sure which colors though) and then I added a strip of some kraft card stock that was also in my stash and had just enough left over for a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece for my card front. I then adhered it to a white card base. To finish this one off, I just stamped and heat embossed the same sentiment. Done!


Here's a picture of both cards using the one watercolored panel. I have another small piece left over from the panel that I'll set aside and I hope to use it on another project. I had so much fun making these cards to share with you today! I hope you're inspired to pull out those neglected mediums in your crafty stash and get some fun crafty time!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.