Friday, September 6, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Photo Play ~ Fall Breeze

Hello there crafty friends!! 
Today, I'm sharing a Fall themed card!! I am so excited for Fall... I love all things Fall!! Particularly, the cooler weather... I'm way over the hot days of Summer!! I'd much rather have a warm cup of coffee while cozying up with a blanket while reading, so it almost felt cooler just making this card while dreaming of those days ahead.


How sweet is that little fox?! He looks so snug all nestled up with those pumpkins amidst the wreath of leaves. I love making wreaths and I just love how this one came 
together with the fox included. 

I stamped all of the leaves, pumpkins and the fox from the Fall Breeze stamp set by Photo Play on white card stock and then colored them all in with the following Copic markers:

Leaves ~ Y000, Y06, Y17, Y35, E23, E25, E27, R000, R11, R14, R27, YR15, YR21, YR68
Pumpkins ~ YR15, YR21, YR27, YR68, E23, E27
Fox ~ E000, E37, E95, E97, E99



I fussy cut each of those leaves... oy was that something! But definitely worth the effort! I also fussy cut the pumpkins and the fox. I went over the edges of the colored images with my Memento tuxedo black marker and then started laying out my wreath. It wasn't working quite right so I decided to die cut a wreath base using a Wreath die by Gina Marie Designs. Once I had that as my base I was able to lay out the leaves just right.


I adhered all of the pieces to the wreath and set it aside to dry. I then pulled out a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of black card stock from my stash and blended some Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink in the upper center portion of the card stock for a night sky. I then die cut a circle in a post it note for a mask and masked the black portion of my card stock. I splattered some watered down white acrylic paint for my stars in my night sky. I set that aside to dry and added foam squares to the wreath.


I got excited and popped up that wreath on the card before stamping my sentiment but it worked out since I used my stamp platform to stamp the sentiment with VersaMark watermark ink (which I did twice to ensure it was stamped well) and then heat embossed a fine white embossing powder. To finish off the card, I tied a double bow of jute twine and then adhered it with some Multi Medium Matte.

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.