Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ Heffy Doodle & Sunny Studio ~ Happy B-day!

Hi there! Today, I have a fun bunch of cards using Heffy Doodle's Big Bold Words with Sunny Studio's Oceans of Joy

I started by blending some Distress Oxide inks on white card stock - one color per card. I used Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, and Abandoned Coral.


Now, you'll notice this first card is different from the others. I rubbed an embossing buddy over the blended backgrounds but for some reason the Seedless Preserves background still had the clear embossing powder stick to the Distress Oxide ink. So, my octopus just got embossed into the background. My plan B - I stamped the octopus again carefully over the already stamped images with Versamark watermark ink and heat embossed white embossing powder. It kind of gave the octopus a ghostly look... but it's much cuter in person. I also stamped the same sea creatures on a white card base and set them aside.


For each of the background pieces, I also splattered water and white acrylic paint. It was fun to see how the splatter looked on each of the different colors. I die cut the backgrounds with a stitched rectangle die and set them aside. I stamped the sentiment on Vellum card stock using the coordinating colors for each card. I had a bit of trouble with my clear embossing powder sticking to the vellum... for this card with the Salty Ocean ink it looks like water so I thought it was kind of cool. I think it may be time for a new embossing buddy though.


I die cut the vellum card stock pieces with a slightly smaller stitched rectangle die and ran them all through my sticker maker so they'd be easy to adhere to the background piece and I wouldn't have to worry about the adhesive showing. My favorite trick for adhering vellum to cards!


The last step was to pop up all the background pieces onto the card bases. Even though these cards gave me a bit of trouble, I think they turned out pretty cute. This last crab one is my favorite though... and coincidentally it's also the only one that didn't give me trouble! LOL

Here's a look at the stamp sets I used for these cards.






That's it for me today! Have a fun & safe 4th of July everyone!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




2 comments:

  1. That’s such a cute and fun !! I actually really love the positive-negative effect on your octopus. It’s my favourite card !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.