Saturday, July 21, 2018

Jolly Ol' Santa ~ Holly Jolly Christmas!

Hello there! Today I thought I'd share a bit more of Christmas in July with this sweet Santa card. A couple of weeks ago I hopped with Friends of Unity sharing some Christmas cards... you can check those out here... I got a bit carried away and created this card too. 


I adore this Santa stamp! He's so cute! I thought I'd also use up some of my Christmas patterned paper from last year. I decided to use the Tim Holtz Christmas Paper Stash paper pad that I had to have last year, but never actually cut into. The layers on my card are both cut from the same pad of paper, but so is my sentiment. I cut each word out and layered it on white card stock and then popped each of the words up along with my Santa. How cute is that?!


Santa was colored using the following Copic Markers ~ R20, E000, E00, E21, E23, E25, R14, R29, R39, R89, G05, G14, C00, C1, C3, N4, N7. I also used some clear wink of stella on the white of his hat, mustache and beard. There's also just a bit of Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust gel pen on his hat and shirt buttons. I die cut the Santa image using the Papertrey Ink Shape Shifters: Oval 2 die. I popped the oval piece up on the card and then trimmed the edge.

I had so much fun making this card! I think I'll make a few more of this one using different papers.
What do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

6 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Love that Santa image... beautifully colored and love how you've created your sentiment... and of course... the plaid... you know I love that #madforplaid. And thanks so much for stopping by my place too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I just got this stamp too. Have to make some cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you share what you create, I'd love to see! :)

      Delete
  3. Fantastic card! Gorgeous coloring and I love the frame.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.