Saturday, June 2, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ La-La Land Crafts ~ Make a Splash!

Hello! I'm here with another birthday card featuring the beautiful mermaid stamp from La-La Land Crafts called Sitting Mermaid Marci. Isn't she the sweetest mermaid?! Oh my goodness... so much fun to color!


I started with my background by blending Mermaid Lagoon, Picked Raspberry, and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide inks on a white card base. Once I had it blended how I liked, I stamped the bubbles in Mermaid Lagoon ink. I gently rubbed my background with my embossing buddy so the embossing powder wouldn't stick to the distress oxide ink. I then stamped the bubbles some more with Versamark watermark ink and heat embossed some ultra fine white embossing powder.

On a separate piece of white card stock, I stamped the mermaid image with Memento tuxedo black ink and I colored her in with the following Copic markers ~ V04, V09, V12, RV06, RV10, RV21, E000, E00, E34, E50, E53, E57. I fussy cut her out and set her aside. I die cut my stitched circle window on a piece of white card stock measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches... a piece big enough to cover the entire cardfront. I adhered the piece to my card base and then stamped the two fish and sentiment. I colored the fish in with the following Copic markers ~ B02, B16, V04, V09.


I decided at this point that I wanted to go with a Faux Shaker design... so I searched through my sequins and found these pretty ones in my stash. That's it for this card!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.