Friday, October 20, 2017

Make It Monday #300 ~ Build-a-Wreath

Hello! I'm so glad that I was able to play this week because the Make it Monday challenge was definitely something that appealed to me. I love wreaths!! For a time, I used to make them for our home. Making wreaths was so special to me because I also made them as gifts for family members. I have a few wreaths still in our storage... maybe I'll go hunting for a fall one to display!




Anywho, I discovered that I didn't actually have a wreath die or stamp set from Papertrey Ink. I've since added a few to my wishlist! Ha! But for this challenge I had to get creative. 

I pulled out my Brushed Off Circle die and since I hadn't separated the two pieces yet... I used them together to make my base for the wreath. Once I did that, I happened to remember the Spruce & Sprigs stamps and dies that I recently bought and thought they would work perfectly to build my wreath. I cut out several 'branches' in Dark Chocolate, Cocoa Bean, and Canyon Clay card stock. I also cut some berries out in Pure Poppy card stock. And then I thought.... buttons!! How cute would buttons be as 'berries'?! So I found a few little Pure Poppy buttons to add. 

For the base of my card, I decided to go with my favorite card stock - Kraft!! I did a little stamping directly on the front of the card with a few of the elements from the Spruce & Sprigs set using all the same colors, except I added some Ripe Avocado in there. Once that was done, I adhered the wreath and realized I hadn't decided on a sentiment. I thought a banner would be nice but I didn't want to use any of the sentiments from the Banner Style set so... I found my new Keep It Simple: Blessed set and decided I could bend that to make it work and it did!! Woohoo! It fit just right! I stamped it in Dark Chocolate and then adhered that piece to a Pure Poppy banner. 

The bottom of the card looked a little too empty... so I decided to add another sentiment using the Keep It Simple: Thanksgiving set. I love these little sentiment sets... Papertrey Ink has them for just about every occasion. Love it!!

That's my card for today.
Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal  

10 comments:

  1. Considering you didn't have any wreath dies or stamps, you sure aced this challenge Crystal! Beautiful, beautiful wreath...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Love your creation. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant way to create a wreath! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love the use of the Spruce and Sprigs dies and the beautiful colors you picked. The banner is the finishing touch. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredibly rich and full, I love what you created! Just beautiful! And the banner is a knockout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.