Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Growing in Unity ~ Day 3 ~ Hello!

Hello! I can't believe that it's already my third day as a Growing in Unity girl... the time is flying by!
Today, I have some of my most favorite flower stamps from Unity. If there is one thing that the artists for Unity can draw and turn into stamps, it is flowers!!! I love Unity's flower stamps! I have too many favorites... this post could go on for days, but I'm going to just focus on my two most favorite.




My first card features a daisy... I love daisies! They are my most favorite flower! The daisy stamp is from the May 2017 Free Your Dreams Kit of the Month. I stamped the daisy in Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored it in using copic markers. I stamped the daisies again on a long post it note and masked the image on my card. I then stamped the other images around the panel using distress inks and stamps from two kits... Spring Inspired Layers of Life kit and Blow Your Mind, a Jolande & Marleen kit. I just love the texture it gives to the card. I colored the background behind the daisies with some grey copics. I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using a black detailed embossing powder. I also die cut the panel using a fun diagonal stitch rectangle die. I layered it with a light purple card stock and adhered it to my white card base. Fabulous!




My second card features my second most favorite flower... the sunflower!! This stunning sunflower is found in the September 2016 Moments Between Moments KOM. This card went in a totally different direction from what I had planned, but I absolutely love it! I stamped the image three times on white card stock using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I colored the center of the flower and cut it out. I then colored the inner petals and cut them out. Lastly, I colored the outer petals and cut the entire flower out for that layer. I set all those pieces aside and started searching for the best patterned paper... that took awhile. Ha! I wanted just the right paper! I thought these papers would be perfect so I layered them on a Dark Chocolate card base and added a little bit of ribbon. I then adhered the outer petal layer for the sunflower. I popped up the middle layer using dimensionals. I then popped up the center of the flower also using dimensionals. I just love the way this card turned out... 




Here's a close up of the layers on the sunflower!! Isn't is just stunning! I love the dimension 
it gives to the flower!! 

I sure hope you like the cards I shared with you today! Come back tomorrow... I'll be featuring some fun coffee stamps from Unity! You won't want to miss it!

Be sure to check out Berina Febin's post today as well, she's another Growing in Unity girl this week. You can check out her blog ---> here!

Now, don't forget to leave a comment on this post to be entered into a drawing to 
win a grab bag from Unity. I'll be drawing names for 2 lucky winners!!


Thanks for stopping by!!
See ya next time.
~ Crystal




66 comments:

  1. The layout of both cards are so pretty! I love the background on the first card. The sunflower card is so pretty, I love how you made the sunflower dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing background on the daisy card!! I love it - and the way that sunflower just "pops"! Loving the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both cards.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh your flower cards are beautiful! I love the added dimension and the design of your cards. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beautiful and I love sunflowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are some of my favorite flower stamps too and they are both beautiful, but I especially love what you did with the Sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you did the background on the daisy card. So pretty. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flowers are my favorite too. Very well executed cards. I want to make some flower cards now. I love your coloring too. Dimensionals do wonders

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ❤️ Your backgrounds! The lavender flower is so soft and pretty and the sunflower gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work Crystal, on both cards. Flowers are kind of my thing too, and both cards bring such good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are indeed STUNNING! Wow! I really want to CAS the sunflower now! TFS! I love them! Great week,
    so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention your amazing backgrounds!! I love them both <3

      Delete
  12. I really like your sunflower. 3D effect is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bother these are absolutely beautiful cards Crystal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the very light colouring on the first card. The sunflower in the second card is so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these are gorgeous but the sunflower one made me gasp. STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards. Love the layered sunflower. That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Daisies and sunflowers are my favs too. Every time I see this sunflower it I like it more and more. Ive see it done in many different colors and it is always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful floral cards! Love the gorgeous sunflower.. awesome colors and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sunflower card is so pretty! Love the background and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sunflower card is out of this world. OMG! You are deserving of the GIU title this week with that beauty. Congrats! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your daisy card, lots of work went into that! The colors are beautiful as well as the colors in the Sunflower card. I like that you used dimension by cutting the flower

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the coloring on the daisy card.. I'm still trying to master the copics. And the sunflower.. WOW WOWEE!!! Great dimention! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your mixed media style of cards. They are both just gorgeous. Love the papers you used in the first and that sunflower really is awesome! (I won it in a grab bag - yay me!!).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful as usual Crystal! Love both cards but daisies are gorgeous. They are my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like both your cards. Really like the background on the daisy card and the sunflower is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards you have done a wonderful job! ♥️ So creative too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving the backgrounds you have created- especially the one with the daisies. I love daisies as well- too bad they smell like stinky feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your comment made me laugh out loud... I never noticed them smelling like stinky feet. :)

      Delete
  28. I love how rustic your cards look. They are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful designs! I am a fan of sunflowers, it's my favorite! Both backgrounds are great and make me want to break out my stash and whip up some awesome backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous cards. You are so right Unity has great floral images. I love how you used layers to create dimension on your sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Both cards are WOW-mazing amd gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amazing cards...floral cards are my favourite..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.