Sunday, April 2, 2017

Savvy 7 ~ April Blog Hop ~ Birthday

It's time for another Savvy 7 & Friends Blog Hop!! The theme for this month is Birthdays... talk about a theme with possiblities!! Can't wait to see what all the hoppers create this month!




I'm sure you've seen the fun Twist and Pop technique that everyone seemed to be trying and sharing all over blogs and social media networks. I know I've seen it, but I hadn't tried it yet. I had an idea for an awesome twist and pop card and I think I was actually able to create it. I hope you like it!




The card front is pretty simple. I stamped and watercolored Unity's Poppy Girl. The sentiment is heat embossed. I die cut the panel using My Favorite Things Blueprints 22. One pretty layer... I love it!




BAM! The inside of the card... I had so much fun watercoloring each panel for this. I am really getting a hang of those ZIG markers and loving them! The bottom part of the card was stamped using Unity's Wild Poppy Silhouette. I colored the stamp directly with a Real Red and Garden Green marker. I spritzed it with a mini mister and stamped. I ended up using a blender pen to fill in the flower all the way, just a few little touches here and there.




The first panel I made using Unity's Deserving kit. I'm still working on highlights in hair... I like how this one turned out, though. The sentiment was stamped, heat embossed, and then die cut using My Favorite Things Stitched Sentiment Strips.




For this second panel I used Unity's Soul Within kit. Another wonderful sentiment from Unity! They have so many inspirational sentiments. This sentiment was also die cut using the Stitched Sentiment Strips from MFT.




For this third panel I used Unity's Jar of Hope kit. I just stamped the top of the flowers around the edge a bit. The sentiment is from Unity's So Glad you Were Born sentiment kit.




The fourth panel was stamped using Unity's Missing You Girl kit. I added a few touches of white gel pen over the flowers in her hair... love the softness it added to it. This sentiment was die cut using Lawn Fawn's Everyday Sentiment Banners die.




The top part of the card I stamped using Unity's Donna Poppies with Real Red and Memento Tuxedo black inks. The sentiment is also from the So Glad You Were Born kit. This is the only sentiment I didn't heat emboss... not sure why. :)




Here's one more look at the inside of the card. I truly had so much fun putting this one together and I know just who I will be sending it to. I hope she likes it! ;)


Here are the products I used for this card:
Adhesives: Tombow Mono Multipurpose (SU!)



Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

Be sure to check out the rest of the fabulous creations on the hop!



2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.