Thursday, February 29, 2024

Unity Lovers ATC ~ Galentines ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend! 
I know that Galentines and Valentine's Day are well passed us but I just wanted to share the Galentines ATCs that I made for the Unity Lovers ATC swap. I used a whole bunch of Unity goodies to make these ATCs. It's always so much fun to turn on one of my audible e-books and get inky while I listen. Often times I can remember bits of the story that I listened to when I look at the projects I was working on. In fact, I remember I was listening to Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross. I really enjoyed this book... a bit of romance, some fantasy and magic all during a time of war between gods. A really good read!


I started with two full sheets of Distress Watercolor Card Stock from Ranger measuring 8-1/2 x 11". I ink smooshed Lost Shadow, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Vintage Photo, and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide inks on each sheet. I dried the card stock completely with a heat tool. Stamped the cute hearts from Mousing Around: Hiya Pal all over the card stock using Speckled Egg, Ground Espresso, and Picked Raspberry. I wasn't thinking about the direction of the hearts and how I'd need to cut the card stock for the ATCs. So I ended up needing to ink smoosh another full sheet of card stock. Ooops! I splattered all three sheets using Tarnished Brass Mica Spray and Picket Fence Spray Stain and cut them up into ATCs. And then I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink.


I stamped the distressed hearts from A Little Grunge Love using Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink and lightly blended some Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide ink over them. I also stamped the 'love' sentiment from Winter Cheer and Deer using the same Picked Raspberry ink. I fussy cut each of the hearts and the 'love' sentiments. Oy... that took some time! I think my eyes went a bit cross eyed once or twice! LOL!


And then I die cut Early Espresso card stock from Stampin' Up using the Unity {metal die}... I die cut 36 of those babies! {Sadly, I'm not seeing this die on the website right now... it must be out of stock}. Adhered two together using my new favorite Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue. I love this glue for die cut sentiments! The fine tip is amazing and I haven't had an issue with clogging. All that was left to do was adhere the sentiments to the ATCs and I popped up the hearts with foam tape. I did shift the placement of the popped up hearts depending on the ATC. I didn't want to cover up all the pretty hearts in the background. So the cards aren't quite identical but they are pretty close!

That's it for me today! Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal

{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.