Thursday, February 1, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 42 ~ Cocoa Love ~ Not 2 Shabby

Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a sweet Christmas card featuring the cute cup of cocoa from the Cocoa Love Stamp Set from Not 2 Shabby! We're changing things up for 2024 and Not 2 Shabby is Sponsoring our {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 42! Jamie has generously offered up a super fun-filled Christmas prize package for one lucky winner! Yay! Thank you so much, Jamie!


I paired up the adorable cup of cocoa with the Hot Cocoa Warm Hearts Paper Pad. It just made sense! I used papers from the paper pad for all of my layers on this card. And as always, I adhered it to a white A2 top fold card base using Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink.


I stamped the sweet cup using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it up with my copic markers. Confession... I actually was looking at the stamp set on the website and saw this color combination shared in a sample. I thought it was so cute so I kinda replicated it. Here's a quick list of the copic markers I used:

Brown: E21, E23, E25
Red: R20, R14, R37
White: C00, C1, C3
Warm Gray: W00, W1, W2
Cheeks: R00, R20


I used the measurements directly from the sketch for my card. The only thing I changed up was adding the cup of cocoa with my sentiment for my focal piece. I die cut the heat embossed sentiment and the cup using the Cocoa Love Shabby Snips Die Set. I adhered the two pieces together with the sentiment overlapping the cup a bit and then I added a bunch of foam tape to the back of both and popped them up on the card.


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 42 for the month of February. Loving this fun sketch! I can't wait to see what everyone does with it. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! You won't regret it! The design team made some really beautiful cards!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.