Thursday, July 4, 2019

Polka Dot Orchard ~ America My Hero ~ Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July crafty friends!!!
I'm here to share a couple cards that I made for the 4th of July using the wonderful America My Hero digi set from Polka Dot Orchard ...created and designed by my crafty friend, Jeanie Hays!! This is a fabulous digi set and wonderful for your 4th of July cards! I also think it would be great to use for military cards!


I created and designed both of my cards at the same time. I started by printing off the star background that I had resized and printed off in a Word document. This was actually printed as a full sheet of digi images that I cut down to a half sheet. I then blended Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink over both star backgrounds... for some reason in the picture above it's really light but this is the finished blended backgrounds that I use in both of my cards. 

 

My first card using the blue star background... see how different it is in this picture... so weird!
Anywho, I colored the wonderful jar and flag and the banner using B0000, B000, B24, B28, R000, R14, R27, E11, E35, E51, N0, N1, N3, and the Colorless Blender Copic Markers. I fussy cut the images and set them aside. I then die cut my blue star background with a large stitched rectangle die. 


I die cut the sentiment that I combined with the fireworks images. I adhered that piece to the blue star background. I then popped up the jar image and adhered the banner with liquid glue. My red layer for this card actually came from the die cut negative of my second card. I adhered my entire panel to that piece and then adhered the entire card front to a white card base.


My second card focuses on the large sentiment... I blended Candied Apple around this sentiment and die cut it with a medium sized stitched rectangle die. I layered my blue star background onto a large scrap of white card stock and wrapped it several times with some red and white bakers twine. I then layered the entire panel onto a Real Red card base.


I popped up the sentiment with foam tape and finished off my card using white gel pen to color in a few stars. I'm loving how these cards turned out! I sure hope that you enjoy them, too!

I wish you and your family a very safe and wonderful 4th of July!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.