Friday, April 20, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ The Greeting Farm ~ You're Awesome!

Hello! Today, I'm sharing a super fun card using The Greeting Farm's Mini-Remix Boys. How cute is this stamp set?! I am loving it! I think it's the perfect stamp set for me to use for my three boys!


I was thinking I'd make a card to help encourage my second oldest to keep up the good work on his school work to finish up the year. I started by die cutting the sidewalk. I used a stitched border on either side to cut it out. I then masked it in sections and blended a bit of  Pumice Stone distress ink. I then cut a piece of green card stock from my leftovers from past card kits to fit the lower portion of the card. I adhered the sidewalk piece to the green card stock and trimmed the entire piece. I then die cut the houses from leftover black card stock and set them aside. I trimmed the houses and adhered them to the back of the green card stock. I cut a 4 x 5-1/4" piece of white card stock and blended some clouds using a stencil and Tumbled Glass distress ink. I adhered the white cloud background to a black piece of card stock that measures 4-1/8 x 5-3/8". I adhered the whole grass/sidewalk piece to the bottom of the white card stock. I then adhered the whole piece to a white card base.


Now to stamp this cute little boy stamp... I stamped him, the skateboard and the soccer ball using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored it in using Copic markers {Skin - E50, E51, E53; Hair - E79, E77, E74; Shirts - N0, N1, R29, R89; Jeans - B97, B99; Shoes - R29, N0; Skateboard - Y06, YR68, R29; Soccer ball - N0}. I fussy cut all the pieces and then went around the edge with a Memento tuxedo black marker to cover the white edges. I set those aside and then die cut the 'you're' portion of the Lawn Fawn sentiment die from the Banana Split subscription of the March 2018 Flavor of the Month card kit. I stamped the 'awesome' sentiment on black card stock using VersaMark ink and heat embossed some ultra fine white embossing powder. I trimmed the 'you're' sentiment and adhered it to the card using Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I fussy cut the 'awesome' sentiment into a banner and adhered it to the card using mono multipurpose liquid glue. Once I had those where I wanted them, I adhered the little boy and his accessories. There you have it... how sweet is this card?! I think my son will get a kick out of it!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.