Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ Lawn Fawn ~ Sunny Studio ~ Fun CAS Cards!

Hello! Today I'm sharing a couple of CAS cards using Distress Oxide inks. This is such a simple design that can be used for so many different cards with a variety of stamps!


For my first card, I started by smooshing Lucky Clover, Twisted Citron, and Squeezed Lemonade distress oxide inks on my craft mat. I dabbed the card stock into the inks drying in between colors to layer them. I kept the ink smooshing to one area to keep the focus where I would stamp my images. Now, onto these little aliens from Lawn Fawn's Beam Me Up stamp set... Oh My Goodness! How cute are they?! I stamped them with Memento tuxedo black ink using the Misti so that I could get a nice clean image. I stamped the beam from the spaceship using Lucky Clover distress oxide ink and then I painted some 'ground' in a semi-circle using the same ink. I stamped the aliens on a scrap piece of white card stock and colored them in with copics {V09, V15, BV000}. I fussy cut them out and adhered them to the die cut card front. I stamped the stars and planets randomly on the card and then mat the piece on a coordinating piece of card stock. I stamped the sentiments one die cut banners using VersaMark ink and heat embossed an ultra fine white embossing powder. I adhered the panel to a white card base and then popped up the sentiments and trimmed the banners. My final touch for this card was adding some glaze to the spaceship. I had a blast making this card so I decided to make another one with a similar design.


For my second card, I smooshed Worn Lipstick, Vintage Photo, and Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide inks on my craft mat. I dabbed the card stock into the inks drying in between colors to layer them the way I wanted. I then stamped these sweet images from Sunny Studio's Breakfast Puns stamp set on a piece of scrap paper and colored them using copics {RV10, RV13, E31, E33}. I die cut the ink smooshed panel and mat it on a coordinating piece of card stock. I stamped the hearts randomly using Worn Lipstick distress oxide ink and then I stamped the ampersand symbol in black ink using the Misti to get a nice crisp image. I adhered the panel to a white card base and then adhered the coffee and donut images. I stamped the sentiment using the same ink and embossing powder as the first card. I popped up the sentiment and then trimmed the banner. I also added a bit of glaze to the donut on this card... I had to, it's a donut! Ha! That's it for me this time. 
I hope you like the cards I shared today. Both of the stamp sets I used are in the shop just waiting for a new home ---> you can get them here.

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.