Sunday, November 5, 2017

More Fun with the Merry & Bright Flavor of the Month card kit

Hello! Today I have five more cards I made using the October Flavor of the Month card kit.




I just adore the papers in the Knit Picky paper pack. I used them to give these little otters a snowy scene to play in. I added a few snowflake sequins and also some Christmas red stickles to the heart and candy cane. I blended some red ink onto the Merry Christmas stickers. I adhered all of my layers onto a red card base. It almost looks like they are sliding down a snowy hill. Love it!




For this card I revisited sketch #2, I thought it was a fun sketch to use with the Merry Selfie stamp included in Collection 4. I watercolored the image and die cut it out with a circle die. I then adhered it to a red scalloped circle. I set that aside and adhered the patterned papers to a white card base. I adhered the image to the card and then decided to add some washi tape to the bottom layer. My last touch was adding one of the wood icons that I glitterfied {I don't think that's a word but it should be!} with the Christmas red stickles and a gold wink of stella pen.




This card came together really quickly thanks to the ephemera piece that I used as my focal point. I die cut the patterned papers and adhered them to a red card front. I then adhered the entire card front to a white card base. I popped up the Merry Christmas piece and glitterfied it *wink wink* using the stickles again. I adhered the little snowflake and called this card done. A simple but pretty card.




I love using word dies to create a faux embossed look. For this card, I adhered just about five of the die cut Merry Christmas' to one side of a white card front and then I cut some patterned papers to adhere to the other side. I cut up one of the patterned papers that had several cute little sentiments and decided to use the Merry Christmas piece. I adhered it to a piece of red card stock and trimmed it down. I then adhered it to the card. You can't see it in the picture, but I added some subtle glitter to the Merry Christmas die cuts and to the Merry Christmas piece. In person, it's all glitterfied... is it catching on yet? Haha!




My last card for today was super simple. I die cut the Merry Christmas from the green card stock. I cut a couple strips of patterned paper and set them aside. I added a strip of the gold washi tape to the white card base. I adhered the strips of patterned paper and the Merry Christmas die cut piece. I used a corner rounder on the little square of patterned paper and stapled a little gold ribbon to it. I popped that up on the card and added just a little Christmas red stickles to the flower. Another simple but cute card. I sure hope that you like the cards I made. I know I had fun making them!


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.