Sunday, February 5, 2017

Savvy 7 ~ February Blog Hop ~ All You Need Is Love!!

I am LOVing the theme for this month's Savvy 7 blog hop ~ All You Need Is Love! Isn't it perfect for this time of year! 




I don't know about you, but I've been working on my Valentine's Day cards... I have a couple of them to show you today. 




My first card is this one I made on a whim. I had the background that I had created a while ago sitting on my desk. I used Ken Oliver's Color Burst to create the background. Love it! I received my most recent Unity order and these sweet birds were in the kit, Going to Be Okay. Once I saw them and glimpsed the background paper sitting on my desk the ideas just starting whirling around in the old brain. The kit also includes the hearts and the sentiment.




Here's a close up of the card that shows the clear embossed shimmer. I created this by going over the stamped image with my VersaMarker and adding clear embossing powder to the birds and a few of the hearts.
I finished off the card by stamping the sentiment on vellum cardstock that I adhered to the back of the card. I then popped up the whole panel on the card base using stampin' dimensionals. I wanted to add a little bit of something on either side of the sentiment and went with some glitter hearts from Stampin' Up! that I've had in my stash forever!




Since I was on a roll, I decided to make another card. This one I started off by clear embossing the sentiment from Unity's Your My Happy {Layers of Life} kit on white card stock and then used Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, and Tea Dye distress inks to create the background. I spritzed and splattered the background with water and dabbed it with paper towel to get that splotchy look. I die cut the edge using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders. I then die cut the stitched heart out using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Heart Stackables. I die cut the other heart on the other half of the distressed panel that I had cut off with the border die using Lawn Fawn's Heart Stackables. I layered the hearts and popped them up... BAM! Now for the other side of the card, I inked up the Take the Moment stamp with the VersaMarker {avoiding the snow} and heat embossed some black detail embossing powder. I colored in the little birdies with distress inks and a blender pen. I then masked the image and used Tumbled Glass distress ink to make a sky background. I layered the whole piece on another piece of white card stock and adhered it to a white card base that I had distressed the edges with Tea Dye distress ink. I popped up the heart piece using stamping dimensionals. I really love the way this one turned out! Hope you do too!



Here are the products I used for these cards:
Card Stock: white (PTI), watercolor paper (SSS), vellum (SU!)
Inks: Real RedVersaMark (SU!)
Ken Oliver's Color Burst: Chartreuse, Fuchsia
Miscellaneous: VersaMarker pen, Black Detail EP (retired SU!), Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear EP (SSS)


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the background and how you used the Vellum on the first card. I definitely need to break out my Color Bursts and give it a try. Both cards are gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cards on a whim... LUV your Whims :) The vellum is so .. how can I explain it soft of course but the torn edges helps it create a blending into the background but not a solid line.... since the back ground is flowy it just wellll is soooo EYE pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it was Unity the second I started scrolling! Love their stamps :) O.K. your cards are seriously cool! I especially love the whole design of that second one with half of it popped up. Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janna! Can't go wrong with Unity stamps! Love them!

      Delete
  4. Crystal, both cards are fabulous! Love the background and vellum one and the other is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background & collage style work on the 1st. The love birds are too cute on the 2nd. Wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first card is a stunner. Second card is absolutely adorable. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.